[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Future investigations

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
 Post subject: Future investigations
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 am 
Site Admin

A question came up regarding NTM's future investigations, which are being overseen by Pat Hendrix. I will paste an email conversation that I've had with Tibby about this, here:

Me: "Hi, Tibby.
How is "independent investigators" defined? In the CSPN policies, an independent investigator includes an investigator that is a member of another mission, which has been trained by CSPN (Scott Ross is still a key player in CSPN). I just want to make sure that you are not using anyone having anything to do with NTM, including Scott Ross's other things that he is a part of."

Tibby: "Thanks for your question. This next process of investigation will have independent investigators who are used for their expertise, for example people who are counselors, detectives who have been trained in abuse investigation, FBI investigators, and psychologists. Some of these people may be members of the CSPN but it’s not for that investigative training that they will be being used but for their professional expertise in the jobs I listed above.
Does this help?"

Me: "It does help - how many, exactly, will be members of CSPN? Tibby, it is critical that the mk's trust that the investigation will be entirely unbiased. If they know that members of CSPN (which in my mind, breaks down to Scott Ross) will be involved, I can pretty much guarantee you that they will not feel comfortable with this."

I will post more as it comes in. Meanwhile - be careful! Do not trust NTM and their pretty words. It seems to me that they are still "throwing bones" to us, and expecting us to take what they give to us without question.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Tibby: "Hi – at this point, I have no idea how many, Bonnie. Pat Hendrix along with the selection panel will be getting people’s resumes and deciding if they’re the right fit for the role of investigator i.e. if they have the right professional qualifications for the job.
I realise that the MK's need to have faith in this process and these people, I really do. There’s a lot at stake here for the MK's"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

NTM has a lot at stake, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:42 pm 

I think we should give NTM a chance to put things together, see how they plan on doing things and then make some decisions. With Bonnie and Kari's examples of 'getting things done' I think they know what the rest of us expect....NOTHING BUT THE BEST AND A VERY THOROUGH JOB. Lots of prayer and guidance. Please Lord,,,we need your help.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 pm 

"Future investigations" have already started off on a different foot than the Fanda one did. Am I correct, Bonnie and other Fanda MKs, in my recollection that NTM was responding to your request for an investigation, which you'd been pressing them for through this website and in other ways as well? And that you MKs were closely involved in the decisions made as far as how the investigation would unfold, including meeting with -- and approving of -- GRACE?
This time, a complicated multi-layered pyramid plan is being set up, with Pat Hendrix at the top, and various teams of assorted people, all non-NTMers, below her, fanning out to investigate various schools.
I myself am not one of the abused MKs who are seeking to be heard and validated, but I do have a concern that because of the lack of communication and involvement in ground-floor decisions, it may be hard for MK survivors to feel ownership of the process. And without ownership, I fear that it will be difficult to for people to be enthused and supportive as things slowly develop.
I want so much for things to move forward in a positive, helpful and healing way. I don't want to come across as a pessimist.
But I do have some concerns which I think are valid and realistic, based upon my understanding of human nature, and of the difficult journey of recovery from childhood abuse.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 pm 

Bonnie - in regards to Scott Ross, I agree with your take on what should have happened, but you need to keep in mind that he is the legal counsel for NTM-USA and that the actions he took were what any good lawyer would do to protect the reputation and ongoing operations of the mission, which is pays him for those services.

In keeping with the recommendations of the GRACE report, I do agree that he should not be involved in the further investigations in any way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm 

Has anyone been able to get any kind of an answer as to why GRACE isn't involved in any way?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:05 am 

As I understand, Raz, from reading the website from the very beginning, NTM did not involve the MKs in decisions, altho they kept asking to have a part. It was by sheer persistence on their part that they attended a conference given by GRACE and interviewed the staff and THEN approved GRACE as an org. But no one knows if NTM would have listened to them if they had not approved. PTL GRACE turned out to be so competent. (Maybe a little too competent? It is not clear if even GRACE understands why they are not still involved.)
Back to you, Bonnie.
Did the Fanda MKs ever feel as tho there was a spirit of teamwork between them and NTM on this? Or did you all have to fight every step of the way to be heard?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next