[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Future investigations

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 pm 

Welcome, PNGmeri. Please let us know if we can do anything to help you. As you can see we have some analytical experts and a lot of empathetic listeners, who most desire the truth to come out . . .God bless you for undertaking this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, thanks for posting that, PNGmeri! I came here to do it, but saw that you had already! Greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm 

Newest Update

Pat Hendrix, independent investigations coordinator, has released the following statement:

“The Selection and Review Panel is in place and will begin reviewing resumes of investigators. It is expected that communication regarding the ongoing investigations, once the process is started, will be limited due to confidentiality and privacy issues. However, we do expect to be able to inform you at the time each investigation has been commenced and the outcome as each is completed.”

The panel consists of Ms. Hendrix and three other people with experience investigating child abuse reports, none of whom are members of New Tribes Mission. This panel will select investigators who will be assigned to teams for each investigation. Investigations will begin when the teams are in place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 pm 

I have been waiting for someone to post a reaction/response to the above "released statement", but no one has.

I'm wondering how this statement has struck the rest of you.

Especially this sentence:

"It is expected that communication regarding the ongoing investigations, once the process is started, will be limited due to confidentiality and privacy issues."

My translation: Don't call us, we'll call you. Don't get upset at us for limited communication. The reason for our silence is "confidentiality and privacy". Of course! Duh! We're only doing this for your good! So don't get mad at us!

Just sit down, little girl in the back row. Be quiet and eat your wormy cereal. Let me read to you from the NTO Highlighted Inspired Word: Children, obey all the authority figures in your life, that your days may be long on the earth. Don't question, don't cry, because if you do, you might not be saved, and you might be cast into the Big Fire. Where there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. And the worms will never die. Yeah, look at them crawling there, in your cereal. Just shut your eyes and swallow.

(Yes, I know I'm ranting ... just letting all you Eagles Forum Fam know I've been reading all your posts over the past week on all the forementioned topics! ;) )

Please see Ornery Thornery's late-night musings on the topic of non-communication from NTM. He posts under the Via thread (really, OT/Arno ... you don't have to stay in your corner!).

There's your reason for the silence, folks: confidentiality and privacy.

Where I work, that's called CYA. But also where I work, the gowns with the ties in the back that hang open DON'T do a very good job of CYA: your business is all hanging out in the back as you walk down the hall. :oops:

Can't you feel the breeze back there??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:50 pm 

Great post Raz! I think there is a lot of CYA going on too. It bothers me that NTM has never said why they are not using GRACE. It bothers me that they are the ones that have chosen the new investigator. I assume they are paying her too. How critical can she be of NTM in that situation? Also, I wish they would contact all current and former NTMers and MKs and let them know that this investigation is happening and why. I wish they would put something on their website about it too. Supporters deserve to know. Potential recruits deserve to know too. I know they don't want to "look bad" in front of the whole world, but trying to keep it all hush-hush looks far worse than having the guts and humility to come out with the truth. Keeping it quiet is just like the secular world operates. As Christians we don't need to act that way. Being real would be a far more positive statement to the watching public, than trying to keep a clean looking image.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:17 pm 

For you that need Pat's information, Her e-mail is
pat.hendrix@mkguardian.com

She will respond to you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 pm 

I have been offline for a good while but have been checking in from time to time due to heavy workloads. I read the news about NTM contracting the investigation out to a new team. It is very hard to beleive that NTM did not do this because of the flack from Grace in the Fanda report. It does not bode well for NTM for choosing this approach. While one can understand the need for protecting individuals from unnecessary colateral damage that can occur in investigations, NTM should be forthcoming in communicating how investigations are progressing. Hope deferred makes the heart sick ... My heart breaks for each and everyone of you who have been abused and continue to be abused by the stonewalling.... Will keep praying for healing and a breakthrough

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next