MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm 

What about group therapy thru a local woman's shelter? Ours has great therapists. . .

About where God is . . .I don't know the answer that would help you right now. I've certainly felt despair in my life, but not that level of spiritual desperation. I work as a hospice nurse and have been by the beds of dozens to hundreds of people at the very end. In the two counties where I work, most people on our services are in a peaceful place, looking forward to being welcomed in heaven. This gives me hope that most of these big issues will be resolved by then . . .I'm looking for a miracle for you, just like that one song, when you don't have faith you can borrow mine. We believe for you right now, and thats ok. You and your kids are going to be ok. I'm so sorry that the Christian and counselor community has not been there for you. It's a bit like magical thinking . . .I had this strange idea that if I married a man from a Bible college in a missions major, then I would be sure to end up a missionary. But life has a way of grabbing you by the feet and flipping you upside down. You have to find your own new reality. What I know for real, is that the 70's bred some very strange people that ended up in Brazil with various missions groups. I shudder to think of what your husband went thru. . .but no matter of all that, you need to be safe and well; loved. Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 am 

Thank you for letting us know how things are going, SS! I am happy that you are encouraged. We will continue to pray. Thanking God for protecting your daughter in her accident and praying for positive results from that situation too.

God does amaze me every once in a while (often!)! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:47 pm 

Hi Shadowspring,

Looks like things are moving into a new and positive arena for you, but I wanted to add another resource (might be useful for the course you are taking). It is www.advocateweb.org They have lots of information regarding misconduct of professionals in different fields, including therapists.

Dee Miller has a a link on the first page of that website. She is a survivor of sexual assualt by a colleague when she was a missionary, and has written some really good stuff on collusion... stuff your therapist could have used!

I'll be holding your daughter in my thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:55 pm 

traevbru,

You inspire me and give me hope for myself and my other/better half. I'm not sure I could have handled this family without your guidance! On another note, I recently found that Killian's Red coupled with cherry pie make a great combination :) Your deck or mine?

Supporting