MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Something to celebrate
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:22 am 

My heart is full of the warmest of wishes for a blessed Christmas for all of you, my Fanda Eagles friends/family!
The greatest gift I've received in 2010 has been this website and the Forums where I have found such sweet solace!
Thank you again, Fanda Eagles, for your courage, which has enriched my life so deeply!
May God bless us all, and let us keep pressing forward ... together!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:51 pm 

Merry Christmas to you, too Raz and to everybody else who reads these forums! Yes, let's keep pressing forward! Life is hard, but God is good! How great it is to stop and celebrate the birth of our Savior! Thanks for sharing your stories! Thanks for wanting and pushing for needed change!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:10 am 

Merry Christmas my fellow survivors. May God grant you peace and joy this holiday season.
God is gentle and kind. He delights to do good!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:28 am 

Praise God we do, really do, have something to celebrate. It's not some pretend thing, like Santa. It's not a do-good-and-get-the-rewards program like many of us were taught since we were kids. It's exactly the opposite. We are a hopeless mess and God loved for us anyway! He loved us enough to actually enter into the awful mess with us! We don't have to pretty ourselves up. He knows sorrow and rejection and bitterest grief. He knows oppression and harsh treatment. I am comforted by that today. It's not, "He did all this for you, Kathy, so now get your act together and be a good person to show your appreciation." It's, "He knows your heartache. He understands your grief. He knows what it's like to feel like an angry volcano. So just hang out with him and let him love you just the way you are."

Thank you God. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for entering into our human experience as a real bare bottomed baby, a real person. Thank you that you "get" the pain of our lives. Thank you for being a safe person to be real with. Help me remember this, be focused on this. I don't want to forget and stop just "hanging out" with you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:15 pm 

Amen Kathy. I think as we hang out with God and discover how buondless His grace is the things that Paul tells us to strive for will become not only possible but we will truly desire those things. As Sherpa said so well, we all are in different seasons in our lives. I`m not sure that I am out of the wilderness yet but I think that I can see the border of the promesed land.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:05 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyviyF-N23A&feature=email

:lol:

Hal-le-lu-jah!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:25 pm 

that was awesome! watched it with my grandson ... :)