MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:50 pm 

Right on, Dude!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm 

Very inspiring! I hope you are writing a book. :) Good challenge to accept each other, whatever stage we are at in the healing process.
God told his people to go to the promised land where they would have to fight for every inch they got, he also took them through the wilderness to get there.
Some of us are in the wilderness, but we are moving forward.
This website is a great chance to help each other get through it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 pm 

I think the early darkness does affect a lot of people. I hope it helps you to think of things like that that may be affecting your mood. So much better than "spiritualizing" it and beating yourself up for feeling down. Like my husband did for many years before he started medication. (Thank you Lord, for Paxil!)
This is a safe place to share your struggles as well as your victories.
Spring will come again. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 pm 

Sorry about that Sherpa Dude but Raz has it right...spring is coming...and..we are here if you need us....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 pm 

Sherpa Dude, someone in our family struggles with that too and every winter is so hard! Abilify appears to be helping more than the others he's tried, so far anyway. I'm so thankful for the meds which have helped. I know what it's like to go through the struggles with meds, finding one that works, then finding out it has side affects that are hurting you. I feel so bad for him, and feel for you too. When someone has diabetes (when an organ in the body isn't producing the right chemical balance) everyone accepts it as a disease that needs treating. But when one struggles with depression or other brain chemical imbalances, sometimes there is such a stigma against them and many Christians view their struggles as having a spiritual cause. I know, I used to view it that way too, but no longer. We are with you and love you! God totally loves you and accepts you as you are, as you know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm 

SD I have a friend up north who suffers from SAD(seasonal adjusted syndrome). He found that 30 minutes in the tanning booth really helped. Worth a try?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:54 pm 

You all are such an encouragement to us!
Us---Not MKs, but with a big heart for them/for our personal bunch of them/ and for all of you here. It's so good that you have a place to express wherever you are in your journey of healing---or maybe you haven't even started yet and you can talk about that too. You are thinking/talking thru some biblical principles and building each other (and us! and others!) up with the Word of truth. THAT is ministry that brings God glory.
Blessings to all of you at this glorious season!

(Translation: Mosquito B. turns into pure honey---no buzz/ no bite---for this one post. :-) )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 pm 

Hang on, brother, don't lose your grip! At times, for me, it's come down to just plain old stubbornness: I will NOT let go, because then, the Enemy would get what he wants!! And I am determined, he will not get his way!!
I'm terribly sorry to hear about all the cancer in your family, especially your niece. May God hold you all tightly in His loving arms.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am 

Reading the Psalms I was struck by the similiarity of David and our dear friend Sherpa. The depths of David`s depression as he was surrounded by his enemies and his soaring praises of God`s mercy and greatness. So Sherpa I eagerly await the resumption(?) of your soaring praise of God`s glory and grace. Great news about your neice. As I continue my journey out of the wilderness, it is impossible for me to use more than my share of God`s mercy and grace, for they are both boundless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm 

No words can make it all better.
I hope it helps, knowing we are here for/with you.