[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - FAMILY CHAINS...UNTIL THE FIFTH OR SIXTH GENERATION

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 am 

You are a true Sherpa and NOT d&o!

Thank you for sharing this. We know your mom was quite courageous at a young age to even *get* to Fout Springs. She is always gracious and purposeful. Humble in the great gifts God has given her. Once, as a new missionary, I went out on a limb, doing something I love to do, but was not done on that field much and her huge smile and one word, "Superb!" was all the encouragement I could have asked for.

As far as we see, Paul does not mean we are not to acknowledge the truth of where we came from or what we ourselves have done, but we should-------for the purpose of dealing with it biblically. Which is what I think you are saying. But, yes, the chains can be broken and we can live FREE! In Him. True healing is a process/ is practical/ and requires supernatural grace. I hear evidence of this all over these forums. Praise to Him who does over and above what we ask or think.

You are still climbing, Sherpa. Many will follow behind and find blessing and fellowship.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:04 am 

Sherpa Dude,

You are more of a leader than you may possibly relize. My grandpa was a very harsh man very har on my dad who was hard on me but much more balanced and less hash. It helps to balance the flaws we see in our parents with the place they came from to get the big picture. In the end, each of us can choose the right paths. When we get off the path we can get back on. Each day we can choose. Each day is a gift from God. Keep sharing Dude!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 pm 

Sherpa Dude, my heart goes out to you in the pain you have suffered, in part because of "family chains," and also NTM's legalistic/abusive philosophy. As I've thought over my family and the "sins of the fathers," I can go back at least 4 generations of the only discipline they knew and approved of were whippings with the belt. I'm not sure if it would have been called abuse at that time, but certainly it would be classified that way now. Being a recipient of many whippings with a belt from an angry father, which was not only condoned, but encouraged by NTM, I know how negatively it affects children. My husband and myself chose not to beat our children that way, but, unfortunately, there were siblings who, not only used the belt for every little offense, but in one case became a child abuser, whipping and verbally abusing their children. Many times abuse escalates with each succeeding generation, and the cycle continues until someone has enough of the love of God, and strength to stop it.
The wonderful thing is that in spite of our "family chains," God can break that power over us and set us free! But it can be a long, painful process! God bless you, Sherpa Dude, in your life's journey!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 pm 

Thanks Dude for your post, my husband and I've been discussing things along this line lately, praying for our parents sins and rebuking them in our lives and our sins - rebuking them in our childrens lives so our chains won't follow them...may God help us teach them right from wrong and be examples to them, not to never sin, but how to handle it when we do. Amen!

On another note, We have a VERY similar situation in our family, I personally am not part of the enabling side of the family, but It angers me every day and keep praying that God will help me not to judge, who and I to 'cast the first stone' - I just know the enabling needs to stop. The difference in ours would be there is not just a person, but a family being enabled. Please pray that God enlightens the enablers to stop enabling and how he wants them to handle it. It is very hurtfull to look in that direction and watch for years as it hurts everyone in the circle without ceasing. I wish there was something I could do, but seems like the only thing to do is to keep enabling, and I refuse. Its not healthy and I'd rather not get involved. So I distance myself. What to do God, oh what to do?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 am 

Thanks for sharing this journey you are on with your nephew, Sherpa. I'm learning a lot from it. I'm going to pass on what you've written to my family, as we have the same situation with a family member.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:37 am 

Sherpa Dude, have been thinking of you since last Thursday and almost called you this weekend. Didn't because I was trying to keep track of the time difference and call at a good time. Please know that I am keeping you in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm 

We missed you, Sherpa. It was harder to keep climbing when you weren't up there leading the way.

I resonate with so much of what you just posted. Yes, innocent children are indeed Satan's favorite target. I have come to feel that the reason for that is connected with his age-old jealousy of God and His creative power. Only God can create. So in his jealousy, Satan sets out to destroy the perfect little lives God creates ... through any means possible.

As Jesus said, child molesters and abusers actually cause those children to maybe eventually follow very destructive sin patterns themselves. And Jesus wished those molesters hadn't even been born, to prevent them from hurting his little ones.

The thing is, if you follow the thread of evil backwards, the child molesters were most likely themselves once innocent children who were damaged by an older generation who was wounded ... and back, and back through the decades.

Comprehending this pattern has helped me to understand why people make the sad, fallen-earth choices they make.

I'm not saying it excuses those choices, just that it explains them.

And that fills my broken heart with compassion, not judgment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm 

Yes Sherpa, you are very blessed that your parents broke those terrible chains.
Imagine how it feels to be an MK who grew up in an NTM home, whose father did NOT break those chains. Whose father went through NTM training, went to the field ... and continued to use his own precious children for his sick, sinful secret.
I knew little girls from a family like that. I played with them, even spent the night at their house, and knew nothing of what was going on in that sanctimonious home till the MKs were adults and strong enough to reveal the nightmare that was their homelife.
So it does happen. Even in NTM. And while I too believe that God is all powerful and all knowing, it grieves me to tell you that that missionary went to his Heavenly Home having never been brought to justice: by the mission, by his family, or by the police or court system. He did get away with it. Yes, he did. And I do believe he is in Heaven today, because I know that Christ died for his sin as much as He did mine.
This is a hard pill for me to swallow, but it is the reality that I know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 pm 

Raz, I knew those little girls later in life when they were adults. They hid their hurt well, maybe one day we will get the chance to help them some how.

I heard some interesting stories on NPR about neuroscience, genes, and family histories of distructive behavior.

A Neuroscientist Uncovers A Dark Secret
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127888976

Inside A Psychopath's Brain: The Sentencing Debate
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128116806

I found them interesting, but I take no stand on their content. Just sharing for possible discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 pm 

Hello Clark Kent ;)
You must be new here. We welcome you, and thanks for the input. I will check out those links when I get a chance.