MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Post subject: Re: Summary of Abuse
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am 
Site Admin

hey everyone!

bonnie and i spent well over a year moderating the fandaeagles blog and the thousands of comments it attracted, typically spending 12-18 hours a day on it. after the grace report came out we needed a rest from all of it, but we also wanted to give those schools who hadn't gotten a report yet a place to gather and inform each other and talk about current events, so the forums were born.

neither bonnie nor i felt we had the time or the emotional space to moderate these forums, so our naive wish was that those participating should become their own moderators and govern themselves as they saw fit, a la the fandaeagles. we envisioned a place of free ideas and free speech and complete transparency, without any power structure in place. it was an interesting experiment.

bonnie and i talked some months ago about getting rid of the list, for reasons stated before. in summary, 1) listing a name is different from telling a story and doesn't shed light on events and 2) a list appears to be official, which requires authorization that it doesn't have.

we chose to watch and see if it sorted itself out, and it was our mistake.
so, some changes. the list is going to go. and, we will devote some time to moderating.

if you added a name to the list i would encourage you not to take it personally. tell your story! we believe you! tell it here or somewhere else, but tell it.

these forums have been through many evolutions since the beginning. i don't know where the forums will evolve to next. if people are finding a voice and ears to hear, good! if the forums are trying to die off from the day to day postings, that's ok too. at the very least we do have a space here to gather and discuss when another report comes out or something newsworthy happens. in the meantime they are still your forums, discuss anything you want to here.

xo to all

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25