[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - It's everywhere....

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It's everywhere....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:04 am 

Nothing could be further from the beliefs and ideals of New Tribes Mission than the Jehovah's Witnesses. So, why does the following sound so familiar?

"[O]f major concern, were accusations of child sexual abuse committed by perpetrators who were Jehovah’s Witnesses, reports too numerous to ignore. I learned later it was an exception to the rule for Jehovah’s Witness members in our congregations to notify the authorities about molestation accusations. However, no one I knew in the Writing Department expressed dissatisfaction about not reporting abuse, including me, because we were of the mindset that “God’s organization” had far better solutions to this problem than any governmental authority. Besides, we knew that going to the authorities to air our dirty laundry would blemish the reputation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. In the main, such accusations were handled secretly by judicial committees within the congregation. (When congregation elders learn of an alleged wrongdoing by one of their members, they meet and appoint three or more of their number to form a judicial committee to handle the matter.) However, if victims’ accusations were doubted, and pedophiles were not disciplined, unhappy Witnesses were required to keep their opinions to themselves or else they would be disciplined. Consequently, some became soured, but remained silent convinced their abuse was an unusual occurrence within the Watchtower organization. “Wait on Jehovah,” dissatisfied members were told, for He would wipe out all their tears in the future earthly paradise."

Source: http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html

Post subject: Re: It's everywhere....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am 

Sherpa Dude is right!!!! Help is on its way. We need to pray without ceasing for the NTM team as they work towards getting us help. I believe our voices have been heard and "OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:11 pm 

Corrosive chemicals swept under the rug are going to take a bit more than a vacuum to tidy up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:15 pm 

The parallels between how the JWs and NTM have handled child abuse are instructive, and it is a mistake to dismiss it lightly as "attacking believers." In fact, that is exactly how the JWs dismissed any comparisons between themselves and other religions! I recommend a careful reading of the article (http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html). I'm even tempted to offer a prize for the person who can find the most similarities to the way JWs thought and the way we thought/ think! Maybe a week in the jungles of Phrae, Thailand. (You pay transportation.)

The type of thinking reflected in the Watchtower organization, in NTM and in countless other groups is not just widespread, it is human, if inhumane, and it is old. The idea that it is better to let one person suffer unjustly for the greater good of the community can be traced back at least as far as John 11.50: "...it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not." This guy would be a poor choice for the Child Protection Committee, I'd say!

Covering up crimes for "the good of the work" has been the "expedient" thing to do, lest the spreading the Gospel be hindered. It has resulted in the unjust suffering of scores of MKs, the failure to seek righteous retribution against perpetrators and the harsh treatment of employees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am 
Site Admin

Hidden perv files in the Boy Scouts uncovered.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49468217/ns ... IFHmBhXwbF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm 

Such an appropriate title for today, it is everywhere but why is it so prevalent in "Christian" organizations and churches? I realize this sin has always been around and victims now feel free to "tell their story" partly because of this technology but this is my very hope. I hope that because of this technology and victims finally "telling their story" that pedophiles might have self control since they might get caught. Wishful thinking maybe but it gives me hope. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:11 pm 

That's a good question, why is it so prevelant in "christian" organisations.

The answer probably isn't entirely clear and better minds than mine have varying opinions. It comes down to, were paedophiles attracted to these organisations because of the opportunity presented or did people with latent tendencies find themselves tempted beyond their control?

The expert I spoke to, was of the opinion that many paedophiles join religous organisations to somehow turn a new leaf, but then find that the pickings are so much easier and the chances of being caught much less, so away they go. There are of course exceptions to this.

The piece I find puzzling is why so many of the aforementioned organisations, never sorted out the problem when it came to light, even stating some sort of fear of the law airing their dirty laundry in public (as stated in the first quote of this thread).
The longer this goes on, the more caustic the detergent used on the dirty laundry is becoming and the higher up the flagpole it is going so that more and more people can see it, point and utter "shame, shame".

Imagine for a moment being a non follower of any "christian" faith and looking at how many organisations are now being tarnished. How do you think they see christianity as a whole?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 am 

"When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out
the hearts of the people are filled with schemes to do wrong."

There is nothing new under the sun as it says in Eccles

"A wicked man accepts a bribe in secret
to pervert the course of justice."

The Chinese wrote proverbs/ in the Middle East they wrote proverbs......
This is from Proverbs.

In this age of technology, there are paper shredders......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:46 pm 

Yes, mosquito bite, you described it all so aptly as you usually do in your short but sharp points. One thing though seems you can't always click the delete button, too bad this technology didn't precede shredders. One thing is for sure if I committed a crime I would want Raz, mosquito bite, DDML, and Bemused on my side but I doubt they would side with the guilty. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 am 

"short, but sharp" not points----bytes! :lol: :lol:
(2 is NOT enough!)