[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Random musings

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Random musings
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 pm 

I'm truly sad to see that all of Ornery Thornery posts are now closed. I have seen over the year how some people get motivated and supportive and then drop off.

I just want to encourage you all to imagine what it must be like for the abused or the families of the abused to not be able to escape the issue. They can't just be involved for a few weeks or months and then decide it is too much or too taxing to their emotional welfare.

Ornery Thornery - I will miss you!

Post subject: Re: Weary and Fatigue
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm 

Oh! I hadn't realized that till now! I will miss him too! Maybe he'll be re-incarnated (the beauty of the internet!)! :)

I don't know OT personally, but from reading his story, he IS family (brother) of a survivor of sexual abuse in an NTM dorm. So I am certain that he does still care, very much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

OT decided to lock those threads out of respect to others who might not feel free to post here. I know personally that it isn't accurate to say that he got overwhelmed and gave up. Quite the opposite in fact. He also is a family of the abused and he has said he'll never give up supporting his sister.

Everyone's path is different. I respect that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm 

Maybe this thread should be renamed to "Ornery Thornery Tribute" or something like that. Please feel free to do so, kari.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:39 pm 

I'm one who didn't "get it" when it came to OT's posts...at first. Then, I realized there was a method to his "madness" and started to really see where he was going with all of it. I've enjoyed the humor, the memories, the conversations that resulted. But, that is just a bonus...seeing him fight tooth and nail for justice was a breath of fresh air! I'm sure he will return. I KNOW he will continue his fight for justice, as will the rest of us, each in his/her own way.

We are here. Listening. Expecting. Hoping. And yes, Healing...bit by bit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm 

I'll miss OT as it gave me a chance to reconnect with a dear friend, and one-time mentor. We shared so many similar enjoyments, whether it came to history, politics, government, law or just, a love of the English language, as embodied in Shakespeare. I also enjoyed the walk down memory lane as to some of the good times and memories, even in the midst of knowledge that all was not well in Denmark, to paraphrase the bard.

I know OT. I KNOW he will never give up fighting for his sisters and what they were put through.

If I never see him again, either online or in this life, it was great to reach out, talk, and "see" one another one last time.

He and his family will always have my prayers, thoughts, and affection.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm 

OT
You are sorely missed. You were the only person posting who could make me laugh out loud despite such heavy reading.

I think whoever is complaining about your posts forgets that you were a student at Via and that this forum is a great place for you to make sense of your childhood as well. You may not have been abused by FP, but you were raised in an environment that gave you a screwed up view of God, leadership, discipline, goals in life, grace, and the list goes on and on....

This forum has been great for all of us to realize that Via...although idylic in so many ways...picture...blue skies...with white puffy clouds...and the sound of wind rushing through a giant eucalyptus tree...with guitars playing worship music...impacted all of us for life. The twisted thinking pervaded our lives for years and still continues to plague most of us in a thousand ways every week. We are finally making sense of a time in our lives that didn't and shouldn't make sense. We were away from our parents when we should have been with them.

You have reacted in the way you knew how...you have the skills to make searches, write letters, and more importantly you know the law. Thank you for getting angry! This forum is for all of us...including you...and I miss you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:12 pm 

I am sorry to hear that you might not be back, OT. I, too, have appreciated your ability to make us laugh. We need that here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 pm 

Ornery - you will be sorely missed. You were a refreshing breeze in the midst of this muggy, damp topic. I will miss you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:44 am 

OT, I'm sure you're reading... or you have your moles here. visit us again with your humor and great ideas. share your heart like so many are.

we miss you. we need you here.