[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Picky, picky, picky: A thread for theological pedants

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 am 

Have you noticed that most of Jim Givens victims were not from the U.S., yet they were very much a minority. Wonder why that is. Oh and his views on people with darker skin, could not be published here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 am 

I'm finding it interesting (and sickening) too, that the Given's survivors I know of are not USA citizens! I really really hope he wasn't purposely selecting non USAers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 am 

Wow, that's really wicked, if it's true, that he singled out non-Americans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:09 am 

Aussie and Aghast are correct. There is concrete evidence that Jim Given singled out non-americans. I knew Jim Given extremely well, I had a lot to do with his two sons, as I lived on the base. I knew what was going on, I reported it, nothing happened. Some of you will know who I am and some of you will know what happened to me in my childhood at Numonohi. I am a male, I was physically abused once by Jim, it was minor and my father and I dealt with him at the time for it. I am not deluding myself that after 30 years I will ever get an apology or compensation, but for my female MKs sake I would like Jim Given brought to justice.

What we need to know in New Zealand and Australia is, where is he and what is his middle name? We have quite a few details so far. We also need to know did Jim Given rape any one? If he did, then he will have one very big shock coming to him, when he is caught.

You have two choices:

a) You can wash your hands of this and say "well at least it wasn't nice little American girls he got" and wash your hands of the matter. Also thinking they'll never get him to pay the price so far away.
If he raped a little girl/s he is not safe when we find him. The wheels were set in motion yesterday with the appropriate authorities. Our efforts may grind to a halt, in which case this whole sordid ephisode will be handed to investigative journalists with all abusers names and whereabouts named. The media already has a whiff that a big story is brewing and they are itching to go. We have nothing to hide down here.

b) You can get proactive and help us get Jim Given to Justice. In exchange when the time comes for you to investigate others we will give you a hand and let you access our evidence.

If you are thinking this will blow over, you may wish to consider the implications this could have when it gets into the media. Australia and New Zealand are backing the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq, it is not popular with the public down here. If Australians find out that U.S. citizens abused/raped Australian citizens and then covered it up in our own backyard, the Australian public will go toxic so fast you will wonder what has hit you. To keep the peace and our troops in the middle east, the U.S. government will not think twice about sacrificing a couple of geriatric paedophiles rights to a nice retirement. NTM Australia will be in for a very hard time and the shock waves will hit Sanford.

Think it over, talk to your conscience, your face book friends, your god (if you must) and then decide. What happens next could well be over to you and sit on your conscience for a long time.

And if you were an abuser of a Commonwealth child (and remember Canada is part of the Commonwealth), might we suggest you come clean very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:31 pm 

My heart is broken for you, my PNG MK friends, who went through this. No more keeping it quiet, protecting whoever and whatever has been protected, including the perp, all these years. I'm glad you have Bemused on your side!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:36 pm 

Bemused, I hope you will be victorious in your search for justice. If you can motivate Australia to extradite this man and hold him responsible for his crimes, you will have accomplished more than we have been able to here in the U.S.

Here in the States we have an admitted child molester (former missionary) who has gone on television and proclaimed his guilt, and yet he still runs free. I could scream in frustration at our failure in every attempt we have made to hold this monster accountable.

http://www.fox43tv.com/subindex/news/local

I hope Jim Given will pay for his crimes. If he goes to jail, he will be the first American New Triber or ex-New Triber that I know of who is incarcerated for child abuse committed at a New Tribes Mission compound or base overseas.

May you succeed in your endeavors!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm 

Sorry, here's the correct link:

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/former-missionary-admits-sexual-abuse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:53 am 

Absolutely amazing!
We are pulling for you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:04 am 

WE SUPPORT THE EFFORTS!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next