MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:01 pm 

Just try to be nice or I might get my feelings hurt <wink>

This is an email I sent to the pastor of a local church. I attended this church for a while and know him, so it's a bit informal than one I would send to a pastor I didn't know. Would you change anything? Is it too wishy-washy sounding?

I plan to send out emails to churches within our county, and work outward, that support NTMers.

==================================================================

I wanted to direct your attention to a recent report concerning New Tribes Mission and their cover-up of child physical, emotional and sexual abuse in dorm schools around the world.

As a former member of NTM and someone who has always held New Tribes very near and dear to my heart, this news extremely saddens me. What is worse, to me, than the abuse in the first place is the subsequent cover-up and non-reporting by NTM to the proper authorities.

You will find the report, conducted by GRACE- an outside agency- at this link:
http://fandaeagles.com/2010/08/grace-final-report-on-ntm-fanda/

I encourage you to take time to read the entire site, especially the forums where many former MKs are voicing their experiences with NTM schools and the abuses they suffered while children attending these schools.

As a church that has some involvement with missionaries from New Tribes Mission, I felt this information should be available to you. While I realize that the actions of those involved in this abuse scandal are not necessarily the actions and attitudes of every NTM missionary, these are very serious allegations that need to be looked at by the Christian community.

My hope, desire and prayer is that the executive committee of New Tribes will come forth strongly to do what is right in the eyes of not only the MKs who were so brutalized by this abuse, but more importantly- God.

Please contact me if I can answer any questions for you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much, MrsM, from the bottom of my heart for your passion and strength.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:00 pm 

Kari- I'm glad I can help. I really am.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm 

I received a reply from this pastor stating that NTM and the NTM missionaries they support had notified them of the situation.

Here is an email I submitted to the Christian Post online (www.christianpost.com):

I would like to direct your attention to a recent report concerning New Tribes Mission and their cover-up of child physical, emotional and sexual abuse in dorm schools around the world.

I encourage you to take time to read the entire site, especially the forums where many former MKs are voicing their experiences with NTM schools and the abuses they suffered while children attending these schools.

While I realize that the actions of those involved in this abuse scandal are not necessarily the actions and attitudes of every NTM missionary, these are very serious allegations that need to be looked at by the Christian community.

My hope, desire and prayer is that the executive committee of New Tribes will come forth strongly to do what is right in the eyes of not only the MKs who were so brutalized by this abuse, but more importantly- God.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm 

Sent email to News Desk of ChristianNewsToday.com:

I would like to direct your attention to a recent report concerning New Tribes Mission and their cover-up of child physical, emotional and sexual abuse in dorm schools around the world.

While I realize that the actions of those involved in this abuse scandal are not necessarily the actions and attitudes of every NTM missionary, these are very serious allegations that need to be looked at by the Christian community.

==============================================================
I realize I may be duplicating some (?) but I guess that can't hurt!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 pm 

We need to all be sending similar emails to the churches we know who support NTM. These churches will be able to hold NTM accountable, as well as perhaps offer some insight, help to the missionaries they support. It is a great, healthy way to spread awareness and also put some pressure where it needs to be, in order to see justice and healing take place!