[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Is Abuse Still Happening?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 pm 

A haunting question. I would like all boarding schools closed. But then, the rest of this world of vulnerable children haunts me: children of prostitutes, drug dealers, victims of female circumcision, children with disabilities who are still learning how to communicate, children of polygamists, any child who lives with rotating house members . . .hungry ones, children of depressed mothers and fathers . . .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm 

Too bad they weren't as strict with the Uncles and Aunties as the always seem to be with the students. I agree with rules but what hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm 

You are right they aren't rules, it is all about control. I always tried to help my children and children we worked with in church to understand why we set down rules (guidelines) otherwise they were of no value. I wanted them to understand that rules should be for the safety and benefit of us all and yes they would be broken but then we must reevaluate why we have them in the first place. NTM is all about control, not about keeping people safe, that is obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm 

NCA provides computer equipment, computer classes, and Internet access to its students and staff for
educational purposes only. The rules listed below are meant to protect the students and staff from any misuse of
this equipment or information. These rules may be modified or changed by the NCA School Committee at any
time.

Does anyone know if students have Internet acces only through NCA? Later in the rules "personal laptops" are mentioned, and I am wondering if students are able to contact family and others outside the school without being monitored and censored.

The rules triggered me because in the school I grew up (Christian and Missionary Alliance)l, every letter home was censored and the information changed or explained by staff so parents would not be alarmed. I am wondering if kids at NCA can Skype and e-mail their parents using their own computers, etc. Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm 

When my daughter was in Bible College in the USA we didn't talk via telephone very often as it was just too expensive. The few times my daughter and I were able to communicate this way she would say I have to be careful someone might be listening. Well, believe me, that made me quite furious. How dare anybody censor a conversation between child and parent whether by telephone or by letter. Of course when I queried this there was absolute denial but there would be no reason for my daughter to say such a thing unless she thought it was true. It makes me quite upset to think a child from a boarding school was writing to their parents and dorm parents censored what was said. This is absolutely WRONG.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 pm 

Censorship is only done for one reason, there is something to hide. So what is being hidden? If Numonohi is still censoring outgoing communications then what are they hiding? :?: If you don't mind me asking, are we talking recent history and are we talking about NTM Bible College?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:49 pm 

It makes me quite upset to think a child from a boarding school was writing to their parents and dorm parents censored what was said. This is absolutely WRONG.[quote][/quote]
wrong but true. at numonohi we were so hushed on paper and verbally, that when i finally told my mom 40 years later, it sent me into a frenzy of panic and fear. that's rediculous.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 pm 

What was even more bizzare was the Prinicipal as part of his bible class got us to write a letter to someone "unsaved" and tell them about all the wonderful benefits of "salvation". He checked the letters and if you couldn't think of what to write, out came your file with your "signed confession of a testimony".
I think this individual ruined a lot of young lives in at least four continents, with his brainwashing techniques.