[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Should a book be published?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:05 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 pm 

Anyone interested in this type of project?

Worth a discussion?

My own view is that I've been asked several times to write a book about my story. There are numerous articles in various publications which give it a brief overview. I did think about writing something more substantial when I got back from Europe last year, but my journey in some ways came to a most welcome conclusion after spending time with my English relatives and finding a loving, caring family that I belonged in.

However I'm happy to be involved in a collabrative effort, but my skill is writing (and that is debatable), not the business side of navigating publishing whether it be in print or web based. NZ is a small country and not big enough to warrant much effort in trying to publish much here, on the other hands the States is much bigger and has a huge Bible Belt (around a large girth :lol: ).

What I find most people are interested in down here, is the scale of the scandal, how it was kept quiet and where this journey has led, with all it's international intrigue and involvement of some interesting world players. Exosing the latter could be a sensitive issue.

Then of course there are all the issues of what format to take. Who can contribute. Do offenders get named. Are the deceased granted partial pardons out of respect. What happens the royalties. And what will Raz wear when she is interviewed by Oprah?

Well that's my two cents worth, anyone else with bright ideas?

P.s. there is considerable creative talent about, it would be a shame to not use it, if the opportunity arose.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:56 pm 

Hmmmmm.
Worth a discussion.
I wish we could collaborate in all areas.
Can stories only be told by those who lived them?
How long do you have to wait to tell the story of those who covered up?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 am 

With care
With care
At the right time
Dare
So we wait
Til this right time
Shows up
How long?
How long, O Lord?
Can we
With His infinite patience
Wait?
Not likely
That we'll show that amount of patience
Waiting for the right time….
We try
We try
And we don't
GIVE
UP.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:42 pm 

That's right!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:45 pm 

How do we know when the time is right?
Will there be an all knowing light?
Or will we wait
Till it's to late
Which is what will give NTM great delight!

I'm with Bemused, this is an excellent subject to discuss, not just agree with each other that some time, one day, whenever someone gets round to it, something might be written, if the spirit is willing and we aren't all so old and doooooo lalllly that we don't know our nose from our behind!

My opinion is that it is written by an outsider with a bent for unbiased investigative journalism and that person is not encumbered by threats from those who do not want the book written because they are scared of the truth coming out.

This is a major scandal we are involved in folks and it is high time that we took the next step to making sure this never happens again! And the best way to make sure that happens is by publicity!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:09 pm 

I vote for the outsider.
Good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:31 am 

Currently Mrs Bemused and I are reading "Lost Boy" by Brent W. Jeffs (with Maia Szalvitz), which is the story of a polygamist sect of the Mormons. It's very well written (which is why Mrs Bemused is reading it).
This seems to be a format that works well as I've read several books like this, where a writer helps to tell the story of abuse in a religious group.

I had to smile when I read his opinion of the endless sermons as a child that were very repititious, that rang a big bell :)
Also of interest was that the group set up their own school so that they could keep their children in the group and control what they were brainwashed with.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:11 pm 

Oh, I read the story of a woman who escaped Mormonism.
So many sad and familiar themes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:17 am 

Is Mormonism a cult? Or just offshoots of it considered to be?

I had an exchange with a website author who listed all the cults and sects in New Zealand. My problem with his listing is that his definition of a cult seemed to be anyone who didn't believe in what he did. Any group that had a long track record of abusing children was not a cult, if they expressed the same religious dogma he did.