[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Cults, Sects or Normal

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:56 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:55 pm 

I think the real reason they were thrown out is that they had no money. If this family had good sponsorship all would have been conveniently overlooked.

NTM is very good at extending forgiveness to those who have $$$$$ and being vindictive with those who have not!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:21 pm 

Oh, Bemused, you are courageous and I hope that now you can be absolutely free from the past.
I am thankful for your wife and for your acceptance by your extended family in England.
You have been a blessing to others by the work you have done to help this situation.
And, always, you bubble over with humor and insight that keep us plodding onward.
So--
No pity.
No hugs.
Just an awareness that you've got what it takes to persevere.
And you are an inspiration to all of us.
Yes, I do have a sadness that you, as a friend, had to go thru all of that.
May your openness encourage others to go on ahead with their own journeys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:45 pm 

I know it was not easy to post this, Bemused. Thank you for showing the way, with your courage.

I recently saw this quote, which I think is applicable to many of us here:

"An untold story never heals." Mary DeMuth.

You know you have our support. And maybe also this very important thing to say to you: "I believe you."

This is a good reason for others to find the courage to tell their stories. It can be very healing, just to have another human being say, "I believe you."

And we do.

Thank you again for the many ways in which you have contributed to this forum, this gathering of people all over the world who do care. The people who write, and the silent readers as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:56 pm 

A family cult within a cultish group.

Sadly this was a truth for many. I myself have a clear memory of such a family on the field with us. The father ruled the family with an iron hand: long family devotions, absolute, unquestioning obedience demanded of everyone in his household, and frequent "spankings" of his children which were truly beatings, which terrified the rest of us.

But no one stepped in. No one questioned, or intervened.

Years later I found out this same monster missionary was a sexual predator who forced his daughter to do unspeakable things.

My disgust for this man remains to this day.

Not every family in NTM was this dysfunctional. But my great regret is that many families that exhibited clear signs of extreme unhealthiness were kept in the mission and sent to the field. The ones who were eliminated were often the ones who were most healthy, because they were the people who asked the difficult questions, and bucked the authority figures who did not appreciate those who resisted their divine decision-making abilities.

Such a broken system. Little cults within a bigger one.

This truly breaks my heart. Those who suffered the most in this broken system were the children. The children who bear the scars into their adulthood.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:18 pm 

"But my great regret is that many families that exhibited clear signs of extreme unhealthiness were kept in the mission and sent to the field. The ones who were eliminated were often the ones who were most healthy, because they were the people who asked the difficult questions, and bucked the authority figures who did not appreciate those who resisted their divine decision-making abilities."

UGH!
We saw that much later.
It just kept going.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:38 pm 

Another disturbing piece of the conversation with my mother is that she said she'd found papers relating to the abuse scandal in my fathers possessions after he died, which she destroyed. When I inquired what these papers were about, she refused to elaborate.
My mother stated that she thought rape was a very serious crime and those who commit it should go to jail. However she then stated that the men she knew in NTM who had raped were to be forgiven because they were doing god's work in the devils territory.
I find the fact that my mother regurgitated this nonsense very distrubing. My gut feeling is that she has been brainwashed to think this way by those who did not want their own crimes known and if they are, to be able to excuse them.

How many other Tribers and retired/ex Tribers are thinking this way?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:56 pm 

Dangerous!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:57 pm 

Serious and Sad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next