[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - AND NOW IT'S FIVE MILLION HITS!!!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:06 am 

Oh look 6 million is rapidly approaching

Is that the Raz Band I can hear and a Mosquito buzzing. Maybe even a bit wind in the Willows.

Not a bad achievement, me thinks. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:49 pm 

No, not bad at all.

Among the many things I am thankful for today, are this website, those who first founded it, and the unlikely but empathetic and supportive friends I have made in this amazing environment.

Love to all! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:16 pm 

It's getting really close now!
Yes, love to all!
It has been quite a ride.
White knuckles and giggles all in one.
Not to mention 2-2 in tutu. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:59 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 pm 

:x Hello to all! Lately I have been translating a book - Mentoring Matters - by Aussie Rick Lewis. Maybe Bemused knows him. Anyway, in his book, there is a part that has caught my eyes and made me think:

"Anyone who dares to represent such a Christian organization in a position of leadership is liable to suffer wrath if they should bring discredit on that organization in any way. To defend the name of Christ, some churches will judge offending leaders in ways that are hardly consistent with the Jesus we find in the Gospels.... The most severe treatment is reserved for Christian Leaders who fall into moral failure, and news of this become public. Christian organizations respond rapidly to distance themselves not only from the offending behaviour but also from the offender. Codes of conduct and ethical charters are drawn up to identify actions that will not be tolerated and the consequences for those who transgress. The emphasis is on punishment rather than restoration."

After reading this, almost instantly NTM came to my mind. Now, in the case of NTM, nothing like what our Aussie friend wrote happened. So two questions came to me: 1) Is Rick Lewis wrong about Christian Leadership? 2) Is NTM really a Christian Organization? Notice the bold letters... "TO DEFEND THE NAME OF CHRIST", whose name are they defending???? What have they done with the offending leadership??? well, if I had to write all my feelings about this here, it would never end... so I'll let you all analyze this and sit here, while I work, and wait on your opinions.... especially Bemused, our most illuminated scholar!

Love to you all! 6 million coming up!

Blond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:32 pm 

Yes, 6.2 million!
Hey, Blond!
Very distressing.
These organizations just want to distance themselves from whoever threatens their reputation, leaders or not.
HOWEVER, what if the majority are hiding something? Then it's called Collusion, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:40 pm 

From what I have seen, I would suggest that Rick Lewis is wrong about Christian leadership.

A Christian leader who would receive severe treatment, especially for moral failure, would be a noticeable exception ... the norm is quite the opposite.

The way Christians in positions of power are protected is unbiblical and un-Christlike ... but that is the reality that I have observed over and over.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm 

I love your last sentence, blond! That made me smile! :)

Yes, I do think that at some point, it will be the right time to get the word out in some other form than just this forum.

IHART and NTM are making us wait a looooong time to show us what kind of "results" they are going to produce from the Bolivia and Panama investigations. But once they proclaim themselves finished, we will have some visible proof of what they have been up to.

For now, we are waiting. And they know we are waiting.

If Tambo Bolivia's story were to be told in full, it would really rock the Christian world. And NTM knows that. I think there are people losing sleep at night worrying about that.

In time, the truth will come out. There are brave people willing and waiting to tell their sordid story to someone other that IHART. Someone who will actually help them tell the truth to the whole world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm 

Sordid or not, I would gladly tell mine! Can't wait to see the Bolivian story out! Really! :!:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next