[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - SCOTT ROSS OPENS HIS OWN COMPANY

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:29 am 

Surely it is easier for a Sympathetic Agnostic loaded with honest doubts to enter the Kingdom of God, than wolves in sheeps clothing, who have devoured child after child after child . . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 am 

In reading through this man's numerous activities and accomplishments over the past 20 years, I noticed the glaring lack of mention of involvement in NTM response to child abuse reports -- in the mission he has been House Counsel for during all that time.

"Over the last 20 years Scott has been lead on situations within his agency such as: suicide, multiple school intrusions, threatened student violence by teen and adult students, facility intrusion, threatened bombings and a myriad of security matters as well as fatal aircraft losses."

We know he WAS involved in child abuse issues, as attested by the many references to Scott Ross in posts from multiple MK survivors right here on Fanda Eagles.

I expect the avoidance of mention of this has to do with this recommendation from GRACE in the Fanda Report:

"Scott Ross failed to adequately investigate and respond to the Fanda abuse scandal. Several MKs expressed a lack of confidence in Scott Ross's ability to handle this matter for the future. Accordingly, GRACE recommends Scott Ross be permanently removed from any and all work and/or responsibilities relating to any form of child abuse matters within New Tribes Mission."

It's not that child abuse response is not mentioned in Scott's glowing bio. There's this:

"He has acted as lead or consultant in excess of 100 child abuse investigations around the world."

In excess of ONE HUNDRED abuse investigations around the world???? This is supposed to be reassuring??? That child abuse in a mission environment is known to have occurred over 100 times??

And those investigations, Mr Ross, how many have resulted in a missionary perpetrator being arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned? Zero, you say? In their host country, where they stole the innocence of a trusting child? ZERO?? In their passport country, to which they likely fled for safety? ZERO??? Good job, Mr. Ross. Impressive. Yes, you have demonstrated well, your ability to protect the mission organizations you are promising to protect.

"If you have already been hit with an issue requiring an internal investigation, call TRGI to receive professional, impartial and confidential investigative services by a fully trained and vetted multi-disciplinary team with multi-lingual and multi-national experience. Or, it may be that you are not satisfied with the outcome of a recent internal investigation, and need an unbiased third-party to come in and do a professional investigation – TRGI can fill that need."

I find it fascinating that Scott does not tout himself at being an experienced or skilled interviewer who can win the trust of abuse survivors and acquire information from them. He calls himself the Lead Investigator, and yet it in his other staff members who are "fully trained and vetted".

Gary and Cathy O'Neal are "Certified Professional Mediator CPM #336" and "Certified Professional Mediator CPM #333".

Ben Keele has had "Intermediate Level Child Protection Training".

And Heidi Keele's professionalism is the most impressive. She has an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. AND she has attended not only Intermediate Level Child Protection Training, but also an Employee Abuse Allegation and Management Seminar, an International Child Abuse Allegation Investigation Training Course, and an Advanced International Child Protection and Employee Misconduct Investigation Seminar!

"Call The Ross Group International today, before it’s too late! You can’t go back in time; you can only prepare and take appropriate responsive actions."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 pm 

I've noticed quite a few Tribers and ex Tribers facebook sites have had references to NTM deleted and updated to a more secular presentation.

Perhaps NTM just isn't fashionable any more? Or more likely they know NTM's past and current lack of action in relation to these scandals and are distancing themselves publicly (yet still accepting donations no doubt).

Personally I'm not ashamed that I had a childhood in NTM, that is what life dealt me. It wasn't my choice, so I have nothing to be ashamed of. And I can't wipe large sections of my past which I had no choice about, so why should those who did have a choice try and wipe theirs?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm 

Scott Ross can be faulted on many points, but NOT for being on NTM's side. That is, after all, his job. Would you want your attorney to be on the side of your opponent?

Scott Ross saw a business opportunity in defending people/ organizations against "loss" as a result of "misconduct" on the part of their employees. This makes sense. Just ask those humble, hard working, honest NTM missionaries whose income is at risk because of what some monsters in their midst did, unknown to them, unpreventable by them. They may not like every single thing Scott Ross says or does, but they are sure happy their income has been protected to date, as well they might be.

I don't mind faulting Scott Ross, of course. I think the most obvious and odious thing he has done is give the impression that he is on the side of the victims. He only cares about victims to the extent that "solving" their issues will prevent loss to NTM. Giving the impression that anything else is important to him is pretty devious. Victims are opponents to NTM, full stop. And it is Scott Ross' job to defend NTM, not coddle opponents.

Let's imagine that you got sick from a bad batch of Crossview Cookies. You contact their corporate headquarters and are directed to their house counsel. THEIR house counsel. The lawyer who works for THEM. Do you expect that s/he is going to give you the best possible deal? You, a mere layperson, who only knows they got sick from eating tainted cookies?

"We're so sorry for what happened to you, and we want to make sure it doesn't happen again," says Crossview's attorney. Well, what do you expect them to say? They will say anything to calm you down and make you go away.

Large theme parks train their staffs to respond quickly to accidents that occur, and take careful notes (or video) of statement injured people make: "I should have been more careful." "I just wasn't looking." "I'm so clumsy." If you think those statements are going in the next animated cartoon, think again. The park wants to protect itself from "damages."

Victims need help, and they will NOT find it in NTM. Very few victims are capable of going head to head with the corporate expertise and deep pockets of NTM. The Fanda Eagles have made some inroads against them in the public relations arena, but we've all seen what a beggarly response NTM has given to the "demands" of the latest victim to come forward. Defense...

Here is an example of what victims of NTM need: http://www.hermanlaw.com/practice-areas ... es-mission

Disclaimer: Not an advertisement, not an endorsement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:37 pm 

A very well thought out post my dear sir, I bow to your expertise.

However, if NTM had done the right thing the first time an offender offended (i.e. disciplined them so severely that no other potential offender dared offend) then history would have taken a much different course. Scott would not be needed as a lawyer and I would probably not be a disillusioned with all religion (alias a Sympathetic Agnostic) MK. We may even have ended up serving together on some field somewhere (someone pick Raz up off the floor, she's fallen off her chair again). The only problem NTM would have had is where to put all those many missionaries who were clambering to serve with such a good and reputable organisation.

Alas it didn't work out like that at all. And hence we find ourselves on very different paths, sometimes diametrically opposed, instead of harmoniously working for the benefit of those in foreign lands less fortunate than ourselves.

I rest my case :) .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:19 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:40 pm 

Oh no we won't!!!! Most of us will do absolutely nothing about it, because that is what most do. Some will write strong disagreement on this site and others. But most of us will just roll over and trust NTM or say nothing. Because there are a hell of a lot of people reading this site, including Tribers, who contribute absolutely nothing to the fight against child abuse!!!!!!!! It is just a source of entertainment or a way to catch up on a bit of gossip!!!!!!!!

I'd better stop posting, getting worked up :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next