[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - SCOTT ROSS OPENS HIS OWN COMPANY

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:42 pm 

Oh, don't stop, Aussie.

You know we love you!

Vroom, vroom!!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:58 pm 

Please define "we" and "love" :lol:

Some of us MKs are pretty unlovable. I'm sure you have a lovely family who might not agree with you, but love you anyway. Alas some of us Downunder MKs have families who hate us for speaking out, some of us get hate mail, some of us are being hunted and some of us are very scared of being identified so we keep our real identities very secret!!!!!
What will completely destroy us is if we find out all this "love" is not genuine!!!!!! If we find that we are being used to help sort out NTM and when finally NTM is sorted out, that it is a free for all to grab the spoils and that once again we are the forgotten MKs from somewhere south of the equator and our names will not be remember or how much we helped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:01 pm 

This is a hard subject to approach, but okay, I'll just say it....

One thing that really hurts my heart is when we MKs who are working so hard to expose the ugliness of child abuse in missions find that there are other MKs who are working on the other side, doing their best to protect missions from having this ugliness exposed.

And they are themselves MKs! Some of them even went to boarding school, and you KNOW that if they themselves didn't suffer abuse, you know they witnessed it, and heard it. You know they feared the paddle just as much as the other MKs did. You know they cried alone in their bed at night, missing their parents and their real home in the village. You know they probably know at least one MK who was sexually molested and suffers life-long scars from it. You know they have heard of MKs who struggle with addictions and mental and physical health issues as a result of their childhoods. You know they are aware of MKs who have committed suicide.

But now they are helping to cover up the abuse, keep the closet doors tightly locked, hide the skeletons from being seen.

Larry Brown, current CEO of NTM USA is an MK.

Ben Keele, Investigator for the newly-formed The Ross Group International, is an MK. Yes, TRGI, whose stated purpose is to "protect your organization from unnecessary financial expenditures and community backlash that often come with the investigative conclusion of guilt of personnel".

Heidi Keele, also an investigator for TRGI, is an MK.

And there are others. MKs are positioned strategically in all parts of NTM. In the training program, in mission leadership at home and abroad. In schools. In consultant roles.

If all the MKs who are helping to prop up this teetering organization were to unitedly withdraw their support, the whole thing would topple.

But no. They stay. They read our words here, and yet they stay.

Yes, my heart hurts. I do not understand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm 

THAT is a topic that really needed to be brought up.
Thank you both.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 pm 

I tried to get hired by my family's mission for their office work back in 1992--they declined to interview me because I was attending a Presbyterian church asnd was an amillenialist . . .now I don't even remember what that means :D

But I do remember feeling that the mission work felt natural and right--and just living a normal life here seemed insurmountable . . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:41 am 

Being a curious type of person, I googled Amilleniasm and tried to get my head around it. Apparently it is a certian belief to do with the end times, as opposed to several other theories about what will happen in the end times. Reminded me of the good old days, when even Tribers couldn't agree on certain points of theology and got tied up in knots arguing it all. Just did my head in, listening to Uncle A trying to convince Uncle B about some trivial matter, when we all knew that they were both wrong because Uncle C had had it all revealed to himself and he didn't agree with either and possibly they weren't quite in tune with . . . . and you know what I mean :roll:

I tried to Google Sympathetic Agnostic, but it just said "does not exist, except on Fanda Eagles, refer to one "Bemused" but is unreliable source because is full of doubts".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:31 am 

A few months ago I was telling my kiddo about a certain sympathetic agnostic, and we googled it as well! Funny, that my results were different . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next