[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Dear Larry Brown, letters you should reply to

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm 

Oh please let it be option A.

Imagine the U-tube video and the headline. Lost Triber rescued by Downunder MK Agnostic and Paul finally meets Bemused too :lol:

Imagine the look on Larry's face when Bemused bursts in, in all his gear (I've seen the pics, rather impressive) and says "Larry I've come to save you" :shock:

We Welcome You
We're glad you came
And your hose
To put out the flame

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:55 pm 

Dear Larry,

100 years ago today began the Great War. The War that was supposed to end all wars and it was all going to be over by Christmas 1914.
It wasn't over by 1914, it dragged on till 1918 and young men and women from many countries were killed doing their bit for their respective countries. It was fought mostly in dirty, disease ridden trenches with fruitless attempts to "go over the top" and storm the enemies trenches, getting mown down in the process.
"It must never happen again" was the cry of the nations at the end of it all and so the League of Nations was set up. And of course we all know that peace lasted 21 years and then we had the horror of World War II, where millions of civilians were exterminated.

And so dear Larry, we come to the events of Post World War II, when the missions rose up and sent their "troops" to foreign fields to "fight the good fight". I was a conscript myself, serving in PNG. Like many others I got home, a bit worse for wear and in my case wondering what was the point of it all because the enemy seemed to be more within the ranks than being fought.
The volunteers came home to hero's welcomes or slipped quietly off the foreign fields with records of their service being deleted, except in the memories of those whose lives they impacted.

In foreign fields lie the innocence and minds of many MKs, there are no crosses to mark each tragedy. But unlike the War of 100 years ago, they fell at the hands of men who were supposed to be on the same side and the shame of it all is that they have been mostly forgotten by those who sent them forth.

Lest We Forget

Conscript Bemused (well in body, faith wounded in some foreign field)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 pm 

Well said, Bemused.

I hope Larry Brown reads your letter.

Judging by the silence from Larry and all his board room buddies to the letter sent them by the Panama MKs, I am wondering whether they've all forgotten how to read English.

That explanation would make about as much sense as some of the others floating around in my head ....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:15 pm 

Here's my take (copied from the "Investigations" thread):

Even if they are [on vacation], it would make no difference. They have proven, repeatedly, that they really don't care about MKs (especially "former" MKs, unless they've drunk the kool-aid and are happily serving with NTM somewhere in the world). :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:38 pm 

"Found and Living Free"!!

So proud of you, Aussie!!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:47 pm 

Well ya can't keep this old girl down, got a reputation with that chainsaw to maintain :D .

Off to do some pruning :shock: .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 pm 

Yes, you're quite the gal, Aussie!
Thanks for the report--keep it up.
I know it's not easy.
But I don't understand how "not easy" it is.
Just very glad for where you are now.
Chain saw or no chain saw. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:18 pm 

What a week I'm having. Mosquito thinks I'm "quite a gal", Raz is proud of me, Paul loves me (and everyone else, cuz he says so in his farewell post) and Bemused agrees with what I say (he's probably to scared not too :o )

All as I need now is a nice letter from Larry and my life will be complete

I'll just sit and wait patiently and wait and wait and wait . . .

All this waiting could drive a gal to drink, oops :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 pm 

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next