[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Missionary arrested overseas for child abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 am 

My Dear Raz,

This will be of interest to you. http://billygraham.org/devotions/

Click on todays date and what do you know, it is about missions. I've had my say, but this time I didn't use my NZ email account and hey presto there was no automatic rejection. Suspect my comments will be wiped, but never know.
Might also be worth a look at the devotion for the 22nd ;)

Cheers

Bemused

P.s. Ummmm is it just thee and me who has anything to say on this important case?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 am 

It appears you are right, Bemused. No one else has had anything to say about this subject here on FE.

And the "Free Tom Randall" Facebook page is up to 34,235 "likes" now.

People are asking why the US Embassy is not doing anything to get this poor innocent missionary released.

Hmmm .... makes you wonder, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 pm 

My Dear Raz,

The U.S. Government is to be applauded. There has been a dramatic shift in attitude towards their citizens misbehaving overseas. Be they Military or Missionary, the Government has had enough of being embarrassed and it has been made very clear that this will no longer be tolerated (not President Obamas speech re this issue some months ago).
And if an offender does make it home, there is now the possibility they will be met, detained and dealt with harshly, as happened to Scott Kennell.
How did this shift in attitude and procedure occur? Good people had had enough and the world has changed and the U.S. caught up.

If Tom Randall is found innocent, I suspect the Embassy in Manila will gladly step in and help him. If however he is not, then this could well be a "test case" and a very important one that we should all sit up and watch the consequences of. We live in a new era, an era brought about because brave people like yourself brought about by never giving up. Therefore I salute you and offer you all the support you need to keep going.

As for the 34,000 + , I expect that if there is a guilty verdict there will be 34,000 pairs of hands offering to help the victims and 34,000 pairs of knees being bent in prayer for the brave whistleblower who has been so maligned. But on that perhaps I am naively hopeful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 pm 

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm 

Yes, I agree there has been a significant change in the attitude of the US government toward the activities of its citizens abroad.

Especially if those citizen cause harm to innocent children. It does not matter if the children are impoverished, or their skin is not white. It doesn't matter if they are used or sold by their own family members. Child abuse will no longer be tolerated.

Americans will now be called to account for the evil they commit, whether they are standing on American soil or they have gone overseas to hide their sinister deeds.

It is also time for American Christians to change their attitude. Stop protecting the guilty. Stop believing that just because someone tells you he's your brother in Christ he couldn't possibly hurt a child.

Stop it. Oh please stop it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:41 pm 

For many of us, the face of Islam is ever etched upon our minds as being those who flew the plane on September the 11th and yet if we think about it logically these were only a very fanatical element who do not represent the average Moslem.

What the Christian Church needs to make sure of is that the face of Christianity is not the monsters who abuse children and the only way to do this is to strongly denounce them, run them through the courts and let justice prevail. For if the Christian Church does not, then it risks being tarnished in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Like the average Moslem, the average Christian does not rape, beat or abuse children. But unless the average Christian gets off their backsides and stands firmly against the scourge of child abuse in the name of Jesus, then that is how the Christian Church will be viewed. Just ask the Catholic Church, they know only to well what damage their errant priests have done to their church.

So why is a person of little faith mentioning this? Simple, although I may not have enough faith to get myself into any church, why should I let the reputation of the innocent good majority be dragged down by the evil few and their fanatical supporters. I may have had the faith knocked out of me, but not my conscience.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 am 

Whew! Just being made aware of this.
Absolutely horrifying.
And so familiar.
And sad……
CAN'T PEOPLE THINK???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:53 pm 

Free Tom, Free Tom
A noble cry
But what of those
Who alas do die

Who die inside
Because of OTHER men
Who lied and raped
With organ, words and pen

Do they not deserve
Fervent prayers
A website, an embrace
With Christian cares

Or because they speak not
Do thee cast them aside
Or hope they will not
To thee their woes confide

So that thee can
Get on with life
Pious, fulfilled
And devoid of strife

And look across
Religion's fence
At others problems
So big and immense

Free Tom, Free Tom
Go ahead, do pray
But spare a thought
For those who do not play

Those whose childhood ended
Far to soon
Who suffered greatly
While played a Jesus tune

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next