[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Missionary arrested overseas for child abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm 

What post? I saw no post ;)

It's just like the "good ole days", "all views welcome, as long as they agree with the guidelines . . . ."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:31 am 

I remember the conversation with my father when I confronted him about the jailing of our former NTM neighbour for sexual offending.
He denied he knew anything about the matter, which may or may not be true. But what makes me wonder about his reaction, is the lack of it. He asked for no details, just said it was none of his concern.
Have spent quite a bit of time today discussing his reaction with Mrs Bemused and we've come to the conclusion that this is a totally abnormal reaction. Most people would immediately ask; who? what? when? why?, not just display a complete lack of concern or interest. He didn't even seem surprised, yet he is on record as saying there was no child abuse within NTM.
The simple explanation would be to say he is brainwashed, but I very much doubt that, as he is the master of mental manipulation and NTM was a vehicle for his bizarre behaviour, not so much the cause of it.

Although I find the Free Tom Randal site over the top and blatant propaganda, it is at least better than saying "it is no concern of mine", I think???? That is definitely not normal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:19 am 

Probably no reaction because he already knew, but he'd been told not to say anything. Either that or he knew how rotten to the core NTM really is and this was just more of the same.
And that is why Tribers are not reacting, because they are to stupid and naïve to do so or they know more than they are letting on and it is not surprising them.
The reason many are hanging on in NTM is because the lifestyle is good and to do the honourable thing and quit would mean no money. So much for living by faith, ay?
Therefore this is an organisation that prided itself on living by faith, but doesn't and preaches a strict moral code and yet is not surprised at all the sexual crimes committed by its members. Thus it is a complete fraud and should be shut down, because the only god it is serving is itself and cash!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 pm 

I suspect you are right, he knew all about it and this was just another covering lie. The last two years have been an interesting journey of finding out who is colluding with who to cover up what they know.
Wrongly the assumption is made that somehow the lies will be accepted as truth and the questions will stop. Problem for those that bend the truth, that there are ways to double check and eventually it isn't hard to work out who is covering and who is telling the truth.
That my own father is participating in this is not surprising, there is much to loose by some powerful people, so the deception continues.
My guess is that NTM has calculated that many of the old timers who participated in the coverups will be dead within 10 years and then their hands can be washed, the trumpet blown and tally ho all hands to the wheel again. The problem is Scott Kennell has thrown a huge spanner in the works and his deeds are in full public scrutiny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:32 pm 

I just finished watching the taped church service at Christ Community Chapel in Ohio, where Tom Randall spoke this morning.

Lots of laughter from the crowd. This guy is hilarious.

Meanwhile, back in the Philippines, the two Filipinas in whom the orphan victims first confided about their ongoing abuse have received death threats, and now fear for their lives.

And Tom Randall and his mission, World Harvest Ministries, are paying expensive, high-powered lawyers to defend the father-and-son staff members, Toto and Jake, who have been victimizing the children they were supposed to be caring for.

Yeah. It's bleepin' hilarious.

If you have the stomach to listen to the service, here's the link:

http://ccchapel.com/Hudson/Resources/Li ... broadcast/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:54 pm 

http://michaelnewnham.com/

Death Threats Alleged for Philippine Whistle Blowers

In the Philippines, child abuse, including the rape of a minor, is a bailable offense.

This morning, thanks to the efforts (and cash) of Tom Randall and his World Harvest Ministries two accused child abusers are out on bail.

The exact nature of the charges against them is unknown at this writing, other than they are related to child abuse issues.

Randall is back in the U.S. soaking up the adulation of his fans, receiving standing ovations from three services at Christ Community Chapel.

Meanwhile, in the Philippines, people who have been thought to be whistleblowers have received death threats.

Joe Mauk reported this on Feb 7th;

“Yesterday the principal of the school on the Sankey compound received death threats. She is moving to a safe area today. This morning the teacher, who first informed my daughter of the reports she heard from two of the girls, received a death threat also. We will do our best to aid in her protection. In the meantime high end attorneys arranged by Tom Randall and World Harvest Ministries are trying their best to get the perpetrators released on bail. People have been blaming the problems on a third world country’s propensity towards corruption. Yes but they have it backwards. It is not the ones reporting abuse who have money or influence. There was a network of deceit built up over years around the orphanage operation. I myself was clueless until four months ago, it was so well disguised. Employment is a treasured possession here and many will go along with all kinds of anomalies to keep their employment secure. Even so, there was an exodus of long-term staff from the orphanage in the last three years, some of whom admitted privately they just could not do it any more. Local officials, military, police and social services live on very limited budgets and a few favors, financial and otherwise, sprinkled around have a great effect and can turn aside the view of the ones supposed to be monitoring your activity. By God’s enablement my daughter and her teacher friend who is now being threatened were able to reach the highest levels of law enforcement on these types of cases. This is being handled by them quite professionally but high dollar lawyers do make things more complicated.”

Since then, others who were believed to be part of the ‘conspiracy” have privately reported death threats to me as well and some have gone into hiding.

The narrative on this story is being carefully controlled by Randall and his supporters, the foremost being Joe Coffey of Christ Community Church.

Questions or even prayer requests for the victims expressed on the “Free Tom Randall” Facebook page are deleted and the posters blocked.

The narrative is familiar…there is no problem, there was no abuse, and anyone questioning those assertions has evil motives and is an enemy of the faith.

The people claiming abuse are emotionally and spiritually unstable and have been manipulated by evil doers.

The accused are great servants of God and He will avenge them against the accusers.

Bloggers and the media…well, the devout already know about those devils.

Now facts are hard to come by in this case, but here is one undeniable fact I will testify to.

Not one of the people I’ve corresponded with has expressed anything other than a deep admiration and love for Tom Randall.

There is disappointment over what appears to be misplaced loyalty and an unwillingness to look at all the evidence, but no one has questioned either his character or his work to me.

Let me speak clearly…the fact that this story is following the pattern of every other ecclesiastical cover up of abuse we’ve covered, does not necessarily mean that the same thing is happening in this situation.

It means that because of the lack of transparency and open dialog that questions and doubts remain unanswered and the name and reputation of Chris and his church are again sullied.

No one wants to see innocent people accused or God forbid, convicted.

We should want to show the world that when these issues arise that the church is the first to investigate them openly and honestly in the fear and reverence of God.

We should place the welfare of children over the self interest of institutions and leaders as Christ Himself instructed us.

To do anything less than these two things is to deny the faith we seek to spread and the One whose name we carry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:51 pm 

This is turning into a very sorry saga. Assuming the credibility of the reporter is reputable, then we have evolving a case of widespread corruption of minor officials and silence being bought or attained by threat.
Churches and their congregations have been manipulated and I would be confident enough to predict that the money is flowing quickly into the coffers of those who are parading Tom Randall on his "victory parade", after all he is now a much more marketable commodity. This of course will nicely contribute to the "high dollar lawyers", who's needs will surpass any of the children in the orphanage who seem to be the forgotten element.

This would be a report that would be hard to comprehend, except some of us have seen many elements of this before.

Clever legal minds can be bought to manipulate the ignorant and those susceptible to being bribed to turn a blind eye. But money is no match for those who are prepared to keep pushing for the truth, when they stand together and use the tools at their disposal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:57 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm 

Just checked in to see what the Free Tom Randall site is up to and something weird is going on.

There are a few posts asking what has happened to Toto and Jake, but no answers. It's all gone strangely quiet with no updates, just a link to a method of donating money.

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:39 pm 

Oh yes, it's all gone very strange. I have been trying to follow this situation as closely as I can.

The Free Tom Randall Facebook page is still up, but in spite of repeated inquiries about Toto and Jake, there have been no responses to people's questions.

On the Christ Community Chapel website, there used to be a link for Tom Randall Information. For a day or so that page has been blank. And now even the link is erased.

Pastor Joe Coffey has made no new tweets or blog posts about his friend in whose innocence he so adamantly believed.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I definitely want to listen to the podcast of the message from Christ Community Chapel in Ohio, to see if anything is said about the man who got a hero's welcome just last Sunday, with a standing ovation, cheers and whistles.

I have a feeling the light of reality is dawning.

The reality that there truly was abuse going on in the orphanage in the Philippines, and that the two Filipino men who Tom trusted lied to him about it. Lied, and lied, and lied.

If that is what's happening, that the truth is coming to light, then I honestly feel very sad for Tom and Karen Randall. Because I know how it feels to be deceived by a person you trusted to keep children you loved safe.

Shedding a few tears ... for all the pain in this situation. Pain already suffered, and pain that is to come.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next