[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Missionary arrested overseas for child abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 pm 

Yes, someone is finally paying attention.

Sad to say, it's not the ones who proclaim themselves to be "the Christ followers".

I wonder how Christ feels about that???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 pm 

Probably more disgusted than we are!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 pm 

http://www.publicsquarenews.com/money/n ... st-filing/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 pm 

Very interesting. That is a lot of cash and far above the average salary. Someone is doing very nicely out of "charity".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:32 pm 

I wonder how Joe is doing----Tom's ministry partner of many years---the one who did the right thing.
I can guess……..
We should start a FB page for him!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:35 pm 

Wonder if the authorities will keep probing and find the truth?
I HOPE SO!
Those kids are just going to be put in another home and another situation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:43 pm 

Joe is actually doing well. His main concern was for the safety of the children and young people at the Sankey Orphanage.

They are safe now. So he feels good about that.

I know it has been very difficult for him and his family though, to be disbelieved, and to be painted so negatively by those who choose to believe Tom Randall's version of the situation, and not Joe's.

I quote from GRACE's Facebook post today: "Just because a person is "nice" or "likeable" doesn't mean they are incapable of hurting little ones."

That is something that Tom Randall and his 60,000 Facebook fans don't seem to understand.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 pm 

Very true, something many of us have found out to our peril. Some wolves wear their sheeps clothing very well.
Maybe it is because they can afford a good Taylor?

In the end it boils down to acting in the best interest of the children and for this Joe Mauk has acted with integrity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:56 am 

http://michaelnewnham.com/?p=16099

Randall Freed, Charges Remain Against Associates

The “Free Tom Randall” Facebook page now carries the exultant headlines “ALL CHARGES DROPPED ,TOM RANDALL IS FREE”.

The almost 58,000 people who have “liked” the page are rejoicing in the perceived victory of justice and God…and many are implying that those who brought this matter to the attention of the authorities were on the side of neither.

The celebration may be premature…sources in the Philippines tell me that while Randall was cleared there, what may have taken place in reality was a handoff to American authorities for further investigation.

Randall was not accused of the physical abuse of the children, but of negligence in oversight of the orphanage where the alleged abuse took place.

The persons in charge of the home, Toto Luchavez and his son Jake, are accused of sex crimes and there may be other arrests pending further investigation.

Those two remain in custody with further explanation of the charges against them expected today.

They are not being held because of the accusations of a “rival missionary”, but because of the sworn statements of children who claim systemic abuse since 2005.

So far, few of Randalls legion of supporters want to acknowledge that fact while they beseech God to fix the injustices done in this matter.

Randalls defense was familiar according to this article;

“I have not trafficked the children of Sankey nor did I ignore their complaints,” Randall stated in the affidavit, which also claimed authorities had no probable cause to arrest him without a warrant and that he was entitled to be released immediately based on a lack of evidence.

Randall explained in the affidavit that even though he founded Sankey to “help orphans and give them a better chance at life,” he does not own, lease or sublease any of Sankey’s property or facilities nor is he an incorporator, director or officer of the orphanage.

The local pastor, who is former chaplain for the PGA Champions Tour, stated that he is based in the United States and spends about one month annually, during December and January, in the Philippines.

“However, I remained in constant touch with Sankey as an adviser, and always helped out in securing funds for the operations of Sankey. I would always make myself available should Sankey need my guidance. In fact, since the formation of Sankey, I would ensure that I come to the Philippines during the months of December or January to spend Christmas and New Year with the children and to assist in managing its affairs,” Randall stated.

Articles of incorporation attached to Randall’s affidavit indicate that the orphanage is run by a board of trustees. Documentation of the orphanage’s pending renewal of its license through the Department of Social Welfare and Development indicates Sankey provides “residential care services for orphaned, abandoned, neglected and surrender children.”

The orphanage is part of the Randalls’ mission organization, called World Harvest Ministries. Randall is listed as the director of the ministry, which was established in 1990.”

In other words, he claims no legal liability for what may have happened in that facility.

World Harvest Ministries may not have legal liability, but it does have a lot of cash according to it’s 2012 990 form.

According to this article, the board is the usual friends and family…with the voting majority held by family.

Randall is coming home to what will be a hero’s welcome…while in the Philippines children who claim to have been violated are in fear that their abusers may be allowed bail.

There is no Facebook page beseeching God on their behalf.

More information as it becomes available…

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:37 pm 

Kyle, I saw your post on the Free Tom Randall Facebook page.

Watch for it to disappear very soon.

All 60,000 of those Tom Randall "fans" on there sing from the same hymnbook.

No other point of view will be tolerated.

It's sickening.

:x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next