[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Calling Jerry Bartlett and friends from home page discussion

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 pm 

Proverbs 13:12 (shhh... it's NIV)
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

This verse is in my mind today as I think about the "process" NTM is processing and processing and processing...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:19 am 

Nothing but smoke screens if you ask me, and there's so much smoke now, I'm sure I'm not the only one choking on it and sick of it!

I agree with you, OT, they need to hand over everything. I have a feeling it will be as bad as looking at official government papers with all the thick black marker lines through everything but "and, it, at, when" and the like. The more I sit and read all these updates and the lack of positive, compassionate communication, the more I am worried NTM spends all this time forewarning those who are "tainted/lost," removing written documents, writing damage control emails to MKs (which I personally know IS going on), and keeping places such as GRACE and Boz at arms length.

NTM blew the opportunity to do things right time and time again. Right as in MORALLY and HUMANLY right! How much longer do MKs and their families have to live in shame and heartache with nightmares and PTSD because they relive their horrors every moment trying to coddle NTM? When did it become the abused responsibility to gather evidence against their abuser, explain what the abuser did was wrong, and reform their abuser? That to me is one big NO WAY! How long do the abused have to continuously feel guilty for trying to make NTM do what is right and make NTM feel some kind of remorse that isn't propaganda? How long do MKs have to feel shame and anxiety and God is angry with them when they speak up and show their disgust and anger? If NTM put as much effort into showing healing responsibility to the MKs and their families as they did getting their missionaries their "sponsors" and "sponsor church" tours, we wouldn't be here questioning this idiocy! Of course, only my opinions but I'm sticking to them.

Ephesians 5:3-5 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God

Ezekiel 3:17-19 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:36 am 

I can't remember, but JerryB- you are a current member of NTM, correct?

The reason I ask this is because of a recent conversation I had with a current NTMer. This person seemed to have lots of information that the abused and their families do *not* have regarding actions being taken, how investigations will and will not be conducted, urgency, etc.

I'm trying to be vague yet convey what was said without divulging a private conversation.

Basically, this person spoke as if they are receiving frequent communications regarding all of this that obviously, the formerly abused NTMers and their families are not.

So for any of you that are current NTMers, is this true? Are you receiving frequent, up-to-date information that the MKs here are not? Are you assured of specific steps being taken? Are you completely satisfied with the steps being taken and information you are being given? Do you feel it is completely forthright?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:08 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:13 am 

JerryB is not Jerry Bartlett! (Confusing, I know. Took me a while to figure this out!)

Hello, Jerry and Jerry! LOL!

Keep speaking up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:33 am 

MrsM

I think we generally get more information than the rest of the world. So yes, we have a few more details than the public which I would say should be expected. Although, at times I think the Mk's of Fanda have more information than those who are current members of NTM. A good example is yesterdays posting on NTM's website that says: [With GRACE’s support, we propose that mediation be the first step in attempting to negotiate and resolve the issue of additional compensation. This process is being communicated to the former Fanda students.] At this point in time the general population of NTM does not know the details of this process. However, the message seems to be saying the process has or will be communicated shortly to former Fanda students. What I'm not sure of is when will the process be explained to current NTMer's. Another example is the only way I know of Scott Ross's letter of 1994 is I read it here on the Fanda website otherwise I would not know about the letter.

As far as frequency goes we recieve about a once a week update just like you all. Personally, I would like to see this whole process move faster. However, I realize that this problem did not grow overnight or within one or two months and so it is probably unrealistic for me to expect the current leadership to correct things in one month. Then again, I sure hope the EB is trying to figure how to have independent investigations done on the rest of the boarding schools all at the same time. I think OT makes a good point that we can't / shouldn't take 10 years to investigate all these boarding schools. The MK's who are now adults have already waited to long for justice thus it is incumbent upon the EB / NTM to move as quickly as possible with accuracy.

I also believe NTM has made progress with child protection over the years however, they still need to reinforce policies for the protection of children. These policies need to go beyond boarding schools. I understand why you all are focused on boarding schools but you should know there are other issues that need to be taken care of for the protection of children within NTM and for that matter probably within many mission organizations. I think GRACE would be the first to say prevention is key because only 3% of all abusers will ever recieve a criminal record!!! Thus 97% of all abusers can't be found by using criminal backround checks. This is why I have a tremendous intrest in making our current policies better.

Finally, I want you all to know this is no small issue for me. I am not one of the folks sitting on the sidelines afraid to challenge the current status of things.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:59 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:13 pm