[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - POEMS in "PURPLE"....are what I have to say!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314 ... 336  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:51 pm 

Get it over with!
Shake the trees!
Let the wolves be found out
Expose the bees' knees
Cut the bushes down
For all to see
What cowers there
Beneath the lea
Beneath the rug
That covers up
A huge big pile
So so corrupt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:26 pm 

I think you've got it about right, Bemused!

MK Bitter Bums!

:P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:00 pm 

And for those who are wondering about the use of the word "bums", yes it does have different meanings depending on where one lives. Fortunately Bemused is Bilinkwell and can spit in several diahrealects of Englosh. :P

On the serious side, it raises an issue I've pondered a bit in the last few years. Would I want to attend a reunion of MKs I grew up with or a group of Tribers?
I think probably not. I left the field at age 18 and didn't hear from any of the non Kiwi MKs for over 20 years (there are few Kiwi MKs and interaction has been minimal). With the advent of social media, I made some contact about 10 years ago and while the female MKs were friendly, males seemed to harbour the same prejudices and arrogances that caused all the trouble in the first place, so that reading derogatory, degrading stuff about oneself and folk with non white skin, was a major turnoff.
For me, my NTM experience was one full of rascism and hatred, completely contrary to the God I was told I must believe in.
Now at the age of 50somethingish, I'm happy and settled and I don't need or want NTM too close, just close enough to hear the warning bells that remind me of how far I've come and of the healing that has taken place.

NTM played a major part in ripping my immediate family apart, the effects have rippled into many other lives. And that is just one of many families. Let those who wish to reunion, reunion. For me, it isn't worth the risk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 pm 

I dreamt I was at a football game
And for some reason was on bended knee
When flashed up on the television
The faces of the men behind me

I saw their look of disgust
The hatred in their eyes
I heard them say I had no respect
I knew it was me they did despise

It reminded me of years long ago
The men who hated way back then
Who stole and cheated poorer folk
Again and again and again

Who saw the world in black and white
Praised their god the latter that they be
And put folks not the same as them
In worlds of depravity

And I wondered why such men
Were still around in this enlightened age
Who found their reasons to hate and seeth
Written in Holy page

Then I remembered why I was down
Twas my shoe lace that was untied
Then at my advancing age I got up slowly
And with smile, their arrogance defied

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 pm 

:)

Your humor wins the day, Bemused!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am 

AND NOW FOR A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Ethnose The New Named Reigndear
Had a shiney flash new name
He told anyone who listened
It more suited the modern missionary game

Gone was the old Triber label
The old gang was now Ethnose through and threw
Yup out with the old ways dear friends
Except "We Welcome You" :lol:

Some of the other Reigndear
Joined in the name changing games
Australia became Crossview
Sort of different, but just the sames

Then one dark and stormy night
A scandal came to town
No matter how the lawyers tried
They couldn't keep it down

Ethnose said it sorta didn't happen
And what did was washed white as snow
And they that were to blame
Had pushed off long ago

See Ethnose is a new named Reigndear
With a very nice shiney nose
But it's more like Pinochio than Rudolph
For it more grows than brightly grows

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm 

AND NOW FOR A CHRISTMAS CAROL (without the mistake this time)

Ethnose The New Named Reigndear
Had a shiney flash new name
He told anyone who listened
It more suited the modern missionary game

Gone was the old Triber label
The old gang was now Ethnose through and threw
Yup out with the old ways dear friends
Except "We Welcome You" :lol:

Some of the other Reigndear
Joined in the name changing games
Australia became Crossview
Sort of different, but just the sames

Then one dark and stormy night
A scandal came to town
No matter how the lawyers tried
They couldn't keep it down

Ethnose said it sorta didn't happen
And what did was washed white as snow
And they that were to blame
Had pushed off long ago

See Ethnose is a new named Reigndear
With a very nice shiney nose
But it's more like Pinochio than Rudolph
For it more grows than brightly glows

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am 

Spot on!

You aren't fooling us, Ethnos360.

We know.

And we are not the only ones.

:x

Merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314 ... 336  Next