[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - POEMS in "PURPLE"....are what I have to say!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 336  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:19 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:29 pm 

Hmmmmm, don't think we'll get much discussion here on this one.

For me, my journey through the sordid past pretty much reached a conclusion with a trip to England recently. It gave me the final pieces of the jigsaw to put in and the confidence to come out and acknowledge publically that where I'd spent my teenage years was a cult. It wasn't an upbringing of my choosing, but I've worked my way through most of it and survived to go on and establish a happy and settled life.

I haven't felt the need to post as much since, it's really all been said. There is still work to be done of course, but for me the other turning point was the incarceration of Scott Kennell and NTM's appalling handling of the case. It proved to my mind that NTM has changed little and probably never will. Oh yes the words come out about new procedures to prevent child abuse, but when push comes to shove, predators will not be dealt with properly by NTM, they will only face the full wrath of the law if brave people speak out and turn them in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 pm 

A Little Verse re Depression:

Don’t let your candle be blown out
Send the Big Bad Wolf on his way
And when his halitosis breath has gone
Think “I will make him pay”

Yup, make yourself a pair of fur lined boots
Best use for that Errant Canine
And as you step out again
Thy footwear will look divine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:22 pm 

Oh yes, new procedures to prevent child abuse, just like ABWE. Words, just words. These organisations could care less about the path of destruction they caused. I reckon the child abusers will just be a bit more clever, cautious or whatever they need to do to keep on keeping on. These organisations would be more helpful to those who have had to endure all these years of their past torments if they would just CLOSE DOWN. Forget all the wordy new procedures, the child abuse will stop when they stop and I reckon only then. Fullstop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 am 

Oh, for a huge big spotlight.
Yes, Bemused, more have to step forward with their stories.
So more can become aware.
And maybe there will be some realizing they were not the only ones.
And they do not live overseas.
And that difference could be huge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am 

We've said it all before.
For a long time.
But keep on.
Something could change.
Someone could make a great change.......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:41 am 

So glad for all the change you have seen in your life, Bemused.
I so hope the same for others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 am 

I was taken on a journey
To bring the “God Guy” to the lost
Yes we were the “Good Guy’s”
And did it at great sacrifice and much cost

There were lots of other “Good Guy’s”
Although some were gooder than the rest
And some didn’t like the “Black Guy’s”
Cuz they believed “White Guy’s” were the best

Which sort of confused this “Little Guy”
As missionaries are supposed to share the love
But some “Good Guy’s” were confusing
Cuz they loved to push and shove

Then there were the other “Good Guy’s”
We called them “Uncle” and the like
But they were into bad stuff
And at night their hands would often strike

So I wondered who really were the “Good Guys”
And why they were labelled so
Preaching about sin and hell
And being washed as white as snow

Then when I asked about it
They said I was consorting with “Guy’s really bad”
And I’d better stop asking questions
Cuz I was becoming “Satan’s Special Lad”

And the “God Guy” concept seemed to confusing
So I went my separate way
Which upset those I was supposed to be close to
Who said for my unbelief, I’d dearly pay

And decades latter I still hear the fighting
As to who is “Good” and “Bad”
And I just look and smile bemusedly
Cuz I’m thinking, they’re all quite mad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:23 pm 

:)

311,479 hits now, on this poetry thread alone, Bemused.

That is more than impressive!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 pm 

Ha, ha. Wonder how many little poems get inserted into sermons on Sundays :lol:

When I finally kick the bucket
And reach the Pearly Gate
No matter how much I hurry
I will still be “The Late”

But as I’m enjoying life
I shall be in no hurry to finally go
For I’d hate to rush to much
And stub my little toe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 336  Next