[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Genetic Soup, time to change?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:34 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 am 

This poor mother, how dreadful for her. Who would think marry a NTM mk would cause your life to be like this. NTM has a lot of blood on their hands. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:37 pm 

There are other stories of marrying an NTM missionary and having it turn out to be the worst nightmare.
But it is not for me to tell another's story.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 pm 

I wish I could say I am surprised about that. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm 

Abused widow has a heartbreaking story. Its hard to know how to respond, and how can any words I say be meaningful? This is generations of lives ruined. It is serious serious stuff. All I can say is that I am so sorry this has happened.

Please act NTM if you have a collective shred of humanity left in you. I want to believe that you do - but you are making it harder and harder with your inaction on so many fronts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 pm 

Ok if he made a full confession to authorities did NTM notify all those who he abused? Did they send a letter to each MK he abused offering to help them. Did they let the churches that supported the family know, did they ask them to keep supporting the wife after his suicide?

I am so sick of all this mess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm 

Just to clarify, Shary, Abused Widow's husband (now deceased) was an MK who was in Les Emory's dorm in the Philippines. Hope that helps you to understand the tragic chain of events that led to the present situation in which Abused Widow now finds herself and her children.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 pm 

TRAGIC!
And a very long chain.......

Where will it end?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 pm 

It is hard to know what to write when one reads this.

It is an absolute series of tragedys. But tragedys that could have been easily avoided if there had been no incident of initial abuse. I am assuming the MK in question was abused and then went on to abuse others as a result of that.
So one case of abuse proliferates out to another 5 and then on to the next generation and who knows where from there.

I used to think that the missionaries I met in NTM were good sincere people, with the odd exception. Now I'm not sure at all how much sincerity there really was. As I have trudged the last 18 months on Fanda Eagles and found out that adult after adult from my past was implicated or participated in this scandal, I really wonder what some of them were doing on the field. Of course most did not participate in the evil of which we read day after day, but they are also not participating in the clean up of the mess either. They don't reply to e-mails and they continue with their attitude that really not much happened and that it has all been blown out of proportion by a few disgruntled MKs.
Tomorrow is Sunday, Kiwi Tribers and ex Tribers will be off to church, just like their counterparts worldwide. But what about people like Abused Widow, just another casualty that is not mentioned or is just sent a text like the ones I get "how are you today?" or "thinking of you" (which reads, I've done my religous duty for the week, so my conscience is clear). Meanwhile God will be thanked for His continuing generostiy and beeseched for even more generosity to further the cause. Because the work must go on and at all costs, no matter who has been discarded along the way.

But the NTM casualty morgue is full and overflowing and I'm tired of looking at body after body. And even a hardened soul who has seen a career of human suffering, disease and tragedy feels ill when he reads this awful account, for it could have so easily have been much closer to home, because the ingredients that caused this are far to familiar.

Yes I'm tired of looking at body after body in the NTM casualty morgue, but at least there are some of us who care enough not to turn a blind eye and to reach out where we can.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:58 am 

I too am tired of looking at body after body in the NTM casualty morgue, Bemused. Heartsick over all the pain, multiplied and passed on to other innocents who in turn suffer tragic consequences.

Heartsick and weary. And yet I can't walk away. There is still so much to do. We cannot give up.