MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm 

AnotherMK wrote:
mosquito bite wrote:
And some of the recent leaders are STILLthe old school people who kept this environment going.

Something that really bothers and frankly, frightens me are that some of the leaders who were so abusive on the field are now moving up to higher positions of leadership in Sanford and elsewhere. Therefore, the abuse will continue, the internal culture will remain the same and nothing much will change. No current member of NTM is safe, if they attempt to speak up or speak out or do anything appearing to be disloyal, they will most likely begin to experience pushback, being marginalized and abandoned. It would be an interesting experiment for current members...try something truly daring and start talking. Start talking about the GRACE report or Fanda or any current investigation or Joel Price or Scott Kennell...try some constructive criticism of NTM and start talking about how things need to change. Advocate for some of those changes. And not just with one person in a private conversation, try it with different members at different levels of leadership. Watch what happens, you might be surprised.

If you are too fearful to try this or feel guilty for being 'disloyal', then that is a sign that you are part of a very closed organization. This is not healthy for you or your family and you might be in danger...time to think about making a change...

You are sooo right Another MK.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 pm 

Wow, AnotherMK ... TERRIFIC post!

You are courageous, and you make a lot of sense.

I hope SOMEONE will read this and actually put it to the test.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm 

Raz wrote:
Wow, AnotherMK ... TERRIFIC post!

You are courageous, and you make a lot of sense.

I hope SOMEONE will read this and actually put it to the test.

Thank you...me, too...not getting my hopes up, but hey, FWIW (for what it's worth). If I could help even just one member get to a healthier, safer place, it would be worth it. There is life and yes, even ministry :o outside of NTM, people!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:34 pm 

AnotherMK wrote:
mosquito bite wrote:
And some of the recent leaders are STILLthe old school people who kept this environment going.

Something that really bothers and frankly, frightens me are that some of the leaders who were so abusive on the field are now moving up to higher positions of leadership in Sanford and elsewhere. Therefore, the abuse will continue, the internal culture will remain the same and nothing much will change. No current member of NTM is safe, if they attempt to speak up or speak out or do anything appearing to be disloyal, they will most likely begin to experience pushback, being marginalized and abandoned. It would be an interesting experiment for current members...try something truly daring and start talking. Start talking about the GRACE report or Fanda or any current investigation or Joel Price or Scott Kennell...try some constructive criticism of NTM and start talking about how things need to change. Advocate for some of those changes. And not just with one person in a private conversation, try it with different members at different levels of leadership. Watch what happens, you might be surprised.

Kudos to you Another Mk.... You are so right. I agree with you wholeheartedly. And I pray Ntm members do read this and will try it. It is sickening to think that present-day leaders were ones who were in important roles with past abuse.

If you are too fearful to try this or feel guilty for being 'disloyal', then that is a sign that you are part of a very closed organization. This is not healthy for you or your family and you might be in danger...time to think about making a change...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:37 pm 

Not sure why but my post was embedded in Another Mk's fantastic post.

I agree with you Another MK. I pray that Ntm members would be challenged to heed your suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am 

Try it!
Today may be another day!
In the" NEW" ntm.
We contacted over 8 higher ups---most of whom we knew.
We heard from one.
ONE
And he said---essentially---
You have got to stick with ntm think or you will be out.
Being out is the best thing that ever happened to us.
There is MUCH to be done outside of ntm.
But it does take a bit of courage.
AnotherMK---you hit the nail on the head.
It is indeed scary.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 am 

And this was pretty recent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm 

NowAware wrote:
Not sure why but my post was embedded in Another Mk's fantastic post.

I agree with you Another MK. I pray that Ntm members would be challenged to heed your suggestion.

Thanks! Me, too!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:11 pm 

mosquito bite wrote:
Try it!
Today may be another day!
In the" NEW" ntm.
We contacted over 8 higher ups---most of whom we knew.
We heard from one.
ONE
And he said---essentially---
You have got to stick with ntm think or you will be out.
Being out is the best thing that ever happened to us.
There is MUCH to be done outside of ntm.
But it does take a bit of courage.
AnotherMK---you hit the nail on the head.
It is indeed scary.

So sorry that happened to you, MB, I know that was probably a pretty tough time you went through. I'm glad you had the courage to get through it.

That sounds about right for NTM, unfortunately, just don't rock the boat and you will be fine.

It is scary to step out and do something else, but I think you would agree that it's worth it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 pm 

SO worth it!
If many ntmers would stand up, the scenario could change.
Could.
I think the law will be doing the changing now.
ntm had their chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next