MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:36 pm 

The list has been removed so this may be encourage some to share their history and others may just want to make a short comment specific to their own abuse and the perpetrator. Many of us have already written our stories of abuse on this site. Can I suggest that you repost(transfer) your story here as a way of making a collective stand, keeping the truth out there, insuring we don't have our stories and all we have shared together blown to the wind.

This is your history....provide names if you wish, many of the perpetrators names are already documented on this site somewhere. If you are more comfortable, use an alias specific to your abuser.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 pm 

There are two puzzle pieces from my early life that played pivotal roles in bringing me to where I am tonight, posting on Fanda Eagles.

Uncle Chuck was an interesting character from my childhood in Thailand. My parent's co-worker, in fact. He was single, and very odd. He usually had a smile on his face, and a dreamy, far-away look in his eyes. People thought he practically walked with God, like Enoch. He was constantly humming hymns, and knew the Scripture backwards and forwards. Uncle Chuck had a strange fondness for little girls. He liked to smile at them as though he had a secret, and he liked to touch them. Adults thought he was rather childlike himself. They laughed about his eccentricities, and considered him to be strange but harmless.

RN was a very frightening man, to me. He too, was considered by the adults to be very Godly. He was a loner, and for all the years he spent with his family in Thailand, I am not aware of any ministry he had, or any positive effects he left in his wake. His life seemed to revolve around his home and his family - a wife who always looked like she was cowering, and three children who were my peers and friends. It appeared to me that he always stayed at home, and never got out with the locals, or learned the language. It seemed as though he considered his own family to be his ministry. He would hold family devotions that would literally last for hours. He was a very stern, harsh disciplinarian. I remember hearing him beating his children, locked up in his bedroom, for any small infraction that was not even anything at all ... at least not in my young opinion. I can still hear the swats, and the wails, and the shame I felt for somehow having gotten those poor children in trouble with their monster father, for something I didn't even know was wrong. Like playing outside around the corner where he couldn't see us or something.

When I was a young adult, my mother told me that something had come to light. It was the biggest shock I had ever received up until that point in my life. She told me that RN's younger daughter had revealed a long-hidden secret. Her father had been molesting her all those years of our childhood.

Not long after that I received another surprise, only this time I was a little more prepared for the news. Uncle Chuck was actually a pedophile, not a harmless weirdo. An MK my younger brother's age had revealed a history of abuse at his hands, and described being raped by him when she was a little girl, while he softly recited some of the many Bible verses he'd memorized.

Puzzle pieces. From these two vile sinners, now both dead, I learned: you can never be sure you really know someone. Anyone. People are capable of heinous crimes against the most innocent of victims. Even people who appear to be the epitome of spirituality. Missionaries can, and do rape and sodomize small children. A seemingly saintly man can preach a long sermon to a circle of missionary co-workers, and a few hours later be forcing his little girl to repeat that nightmare thing he makes her do. Again.

And children you think you know ... kids you play with, giggle with ... can be hiding horrible, horrible secret. Things you have never even heard of, happen to them on a regular basis. And still they smile. And don't tell. And they are obedient, and submissive, and you assume their Daddy is like your Daddy. But he's not.

All these years later it is re-traumatizing to me to think about these two people who don't even deserve to be called men. I felt violated myself, when I found out they were not who I thought they were. They were not who my parents thought they were. They lived and died with their secrets, thinking no one ever told on them.

But their victims DID tell. Two brave women stopped keeping their secrets. They are heroes in my eyes. They ripped the tape off of their mouths and raised their voices and said, "I won't be silenced anymore!"

Those two perverts from my childhood prepared me for the awful news that I received in 1993, in the Philippines. The news that once again, a missionary had been in our midst that none of us really knew. We trusted him, and he betrayed our trust in the worst way possible. He groomed our children, and then he violated them. Because of Uncle Chuck and RN, when I was told that Les Emory had molested my daughters and many of their little friends, I was prepared, and I believed it. Once again, I was being reminded that anyone is capable of anything. Any human on earth has the potential of harboring a dark side, an evil part of them that has not been transformed, even though they claim to be followers of Christ.

Three puzzle pieces I lay down. Uncle Chuck, RN, and Les Emory. These three taught me that evil can exist even in a place that is supposed to be filled with light, truth, and safety.

The people who inspire me to stay in the struggle are the survivors who have been wounded by that evil. My MK friends from Thailand. My precious Aritao MKs. The MKs I've met here in the forums. The MKs who are still waiting in the shadows, afraid to come out and tell us their secrets.

The world is full of survivors, I have learned. They fill me with hope. The battle is not lost. There is redemption and healing, as long as we don't deny, and hide, and keep the closets locked up.

Let us take courage ... the truth can prevail.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 am 
Site Admin

I was abused by Dave Brooks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:20 pm 

I am 48, and the abuse only stopped this January. It is hard to admit but my father is not the fervent christian warrior he portrays himself to be. The full horrors of what he has done will no doubt go to the grave with him. He will die, my mothers hero and at his funeral they will hold his name up as a perfect example of a dedicated NTM missionary.

I will not be at that funeral, I can't do it.

My father is the reason I am who I am today and why I fight tooth and nail to get some of his "mates" into jail. He is the reason why I never had children.
He did not beat me physically, I cannot prove conclusively that he sexually abused any child (but I have strong suspicions), but he broke my mothers spirit and he has spent the last 35 years trying to break mine. He has used everything he can to make me into his clone. He is a predator and he preys on the weak and vulnerable in their hour of need. One thinks he is a wonderful helpful man, but then you realise he is in your life, he is in your head and he is rewiring it and he is teaching you to hate.

I will try for the rest of my life to be my own person, to be a gentle soul who sees the good in others, to genuinely care. There are others who have walked through my life with their dirty NTM feet, but for now I just want to leave it with the man who should have been my hero, but was my tormenter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:15 am 

At the age of 7yrs I was abused by Jim Given(Dorm Parent).

Papua New Guinea - NTM - Numonohi : 1980 until they were moved to Africa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 pm 

So far we have worked out that I am about the 4th or 5th victim of Jim Givens.......THAT WE KNOW OF.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 pm 

That is terrible, radioshack!

I hope that you and Jim's other victims will get to tell your stories and see some justice. I believe Jim Givens is one perp who is still alive.

I am so sad about all that you and the other girls endured.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm 

I read this site very early in it's infancy and then started to post on Tambo's site when it became available. You all helped give me courage to prepare in my journey to expose SIN! I grew up as an MK at Tambo,Bolivia from 1962 to 1974. It is my understanding that numerous forms of abuse started in the early 50's and ended in the 1990's when the school was closed! That is 40 years of deep dark secrets just now being revealed to it's fullest. I have had a difficult time navigating around this site as there are so many places to comment. I have read your stories, wept, laughed and appreciated the provocative statements. Yes. I have shared my story with IHART in person,face to face and am aware of many of my friends preparing to share or have already shared. I had already shared with IHART when I came here and read your skepticism regarding their direct involement with NTM. I did ask questions and was told that they were being paid by NTM, otherwise independent. I met with Pat Hendrix and Greg Hannah, it was uncomfortable, took me back to a place I did not want to go but they did put me at ease and I shared things I had intended not to share! I feel I have done my part in shinning a light into a very dark place. Most of the perps from way back then at Tambo have deceased and there will be no earthly justice. The more recent abuses suffered by many of you where the perp is alive and well, living at large and unpunished should be prosecuted by what ever law needed to take action. My faded,worn-out story serves as little consequence but to enlighten investigators as to the punitive,hostile and abusive climate in which we grew up. I am on your side, I have partaken of your pain and I applaud your efforts at seeking justice. I have found myself speechless and heartbroken as I have read all your stories from every school. We have a common bond! To realize that this happened all over the world by the same organization is indeed shameful, we at Tambo thought we were alone in our sufferings! I wish I could provide you with happy little answers but I cannot--I can relate,I can empathize, I can make myself available to you but I cannot fix this huge filthy mess!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 pm 

Thank you for your very touching post, breakingthesilence. I grew up in the same mission you did, during the same time period. But over on the other side of the world, I had absolutely no comprehension of what a different life my fellow MKs were living in Tambo. I am broken hearted to learn about these atrocities, and want you to know how deeply it has affected me to learn about it.
Thank you also for sharing about your positive experience with the IHART interviewers. I can imagine how uncomfortable it was to relieve painful memories from so long ago. I hope that the end result of these investigations will be significant enough that participants will be glad they got involved in this process.
Together we wait.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 am 

Thank you, breakingthesilence.
EVERY report helps.
We had no idea we were sending our kids to a place where there was such a long history of abuse.
We felt the effects of the son of an abuser.
That's how long it went on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next