[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Tell your abuse story here

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 am 

Nice to have your perspective. We all had different experiences, even between siblings, as MKs. We've also had a range of different experiences dealing with NTM post our MK years.

Some fields seem to have escaped the child abuse scandal, most alas did not.

The biggest fear for many of us is that the reassurances given by NTM that policies and procedures say they have implemented and feel confident will stop the possibility of further abuse, will not work. Alas with the news today of the arrest of Warren Scott, it appears our worst fears have been realised.
My personal dealings with NTM are with one of their "offshoots" Crossview Australia. They have not answered any of my e-mails and in my opinion are now at the level of a cult. This opinion I base on the rhetoric of my own father who claims he speaks on behalf of NTMers in his vicinity. If what he says is true, then alarm bells should well and truly be going off. If he is not speaking the truth and is the extremist he sounds like, then NTM would be well advised to get him to keep his bizzare opinions to himself and seek professional psychiatric help. Given that they dismissed him 20 years ago, I don't know why they even let him associate with them.
Sanford would be also well advised to get Crossview Australia to find someone with a voice, because the only person who seems to be talking for them is my father and that is doing no one any favours, except perhaps myself, because he is just confirming what I have suspected for some time.

Funny old world isn't it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:01 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:11 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 am 

My Dear Raz,

No, no, no, no, no. Please do feel free in joining in the prodding of Crossview into action. We are all in this together, no more do the past lines of demarkation exist. Even my learned father does not differentiate between the two entities of NTM. In his latest outburst, he does not mention Crossview once, only claims he is speaking on behalf of his small group of fellow NTMers. So unless New Zealand is somehow alligned with NTM and Australia is not, my learned fathers self proclaimed representation of NTMers is a problem for both entities.

We all served or were MKs under the banner of NTM, calling oneself Crossview does not change that fact. If I paint myself black and white and call myself a Zebra, yet still have a hump, bad breath and spit, I'm still a Camel.

If Crossview is crazy enough to let my father say he is speaking on behalf of them, so be it. He may unwittingly be doing more damage than by us exposing the truth and calling for their response. He has now backed them into a corner, if they do nothing he will think he has their blessing and if they come out and try to reign him in he will go ballistic and fight for his own preservation because he'll then be forced into admitting Bemused is right. Either way, ironically my fathers latest rantings have done us a favour.

As I say, it's a funny old world. And you are more than welcome to join me in watching this part of it, it's turning out to be quite a show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 pm 

:)

I'm here, right beside you. Can you see me now? Put my dentures back in, just for you. ;)

Yes, quite the show.

I think those are camels painted with stripes, hiding in the bushes.

Helloooo, camels!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:30 pm 

I think we have to be realistic here. Evidence is suggesting that the claimed efforts of setting in place policies to prevent further abuse are probably more for the appeasement of the concerned than being of much practical effect.
Paedophiles are clever and devious, they will carry on abusing, just be a bit more clever and we now live in the computer age. Every so often one will be caught, as happened this week. But unless victims blow the whistle and the whistle is heard by the right people, such as ICE (not the field committee e.t.c.) there will be more victims.

Yes the stripes have been painted on the beast, the beast is calling itself a Zebra, but it rained this week and some of the camouflage washed off and we all got a glimpse of the humps, the spitting and the bad breath. It's still a flaming camel folks.

Wakey wakey.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm 

I am glad GuineaMK has good memories.

My NTM abuser had toes that clicked when he walked.

He was good at maintenance. He oiled doors. They did not squeak at night.

But his toes clicked.

Those are my memories from 15 years ago.

Apparently "We are all called to sacrifice for the gospel honey". Thanks mother.

I'm only posting for the first time on my friends computer (she is watching me shake). You see I am scared as the site stores the IP address. I just wanted to say my memories in response to GuineaMK. I am glad for him/her. I wish. I wish many things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:20 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next