[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Which Brings us to....REBELLION

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:22 pm 

I also grew up in NTM and currently am a member of NTM. I have been reading these forums for a long time and have shed many tears. I have not written on here til today. I have written lots of emails, talked to people within the mission etc. My husband is not an mk, but he also has made phone calls and written emails. Right now it feels a lot like nothing is happening and I hurt deeply for all of you. I will keep crying out to God and I will keep writing emails. I don't know what else to say. I hurt for you all and I have learned a lot from your stories, I have learned things that have helped me in my relationship with my kids. You have reminded me of areas I need to guard. I am thankful for what you all have taught me. I love my kids dearly and want to always be challenged to keep learning, keep changing and keep growing. Also, when we first read the GRACE report, we contacted our pastors back in the US. We want them to be aware of the issues in NTM. Honesty is a important. I don't feel like I am much help to you all, but I just wanted to check in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:47 pm 

PSALM57,

I am very encouraged to hear of a woman taking initiative from within NTM. You go girl!! Glad your husband is making effort too. Thank you for letting us know that you are trying. I am praying that your efforts will make a difference. Keep on keepin' on with doing the right thing. I truly believe that NTM will not change until the current members (as opposed to the current "leaders") lead the way. FYI I write this as a fairly new x-NTMer (8 months).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 pm 

This word "rebellion" sends me further over the edge. We were raised in a cult. We are fortunate to be alive.
Sherpa, this seems like a good topic to me....but I'm not going to be any help....because the more I think about it, the more I would like to see the entire mission shut down. OT

My sentiments, exactly!!! For many yrs. I felt NTM was at least, "cult-like," but kept my opinions mostly to myself, having family members who almost worhipped the org. However, these forums have given voice to what many of us have been thinking and were afraid to express. After reading so many of the posts, heart-breaking stories, unbelievable suffering and hell on earth that so many have gone through because of this organization, I believe the best thing that can happen is for it to cease to exist, at least in the form that it is now and has been for most of its existence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm 

When the Apostle Paul confronted Peter was Paul rebelling against the church in Jerusalem? No, he was confronting Peter "who was to be blamed". This was a public rebuke and humiliation to Peter and those legalists within the church. So, I guess it depends on who and what you are supposedly rebelling from. In the case of NTM, one either tows the line or bucks the system. Towing the line is easy. Bucking the system is hard and 99% of the time results in expulsion of those bucking the system from NTM. There is some logic to this of course since when one signs up under NTM one agrees to abide by NTM rules (aka sell your soul).

Maybe it would help to list what rebellion is, and what it is not?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:23 pm 

I choose fighting for justice. Oh wait, I'm not with NTM... Does that count?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:18 pm 

Psalm57, thanks for posting. Thank you so very much for reading this Forum, and for writing to NTM leaders about this extremely painful subject. It takes a lot of courage and emotional fortitude to keep wading through all this, so thank you for sticking with us, and thank you for posting to let us know you are here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:55 pm 

PSALM57...you are a blessing! We are all wondering what is going on inside there (I'm an outsider). Thank you for your sensitivity and common sense! I had no idea, as ornerythornery mentioned, that NTM considers themselves a church. They are not a church. Your local church is what sent you out. ANY organization can go "bad." That's why we, as God's children need to have DISCERNMENT and follow the Holy Spirit, no matter what organization we are a part of. It takes a lot of guts to "buck the system" and do what is right before the Lord. I grew up in NTM thinking it was "God's answer" to reach the tribes with the Gospel and if you went any other direction you were somehow second class. Hellooo......God has certainly used them in a WONDERFUL way! But NO organization is indispensible to God if they get off track....Blessings to you :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:29 am 

Preach it, Sherpa! I get more out of your sermons than I do from my own pastor's.
Dontcha love the irony of all us washed-up losers ministering to each other?!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 pm 

Not one of you is a washed up loser, but it sure is neat that you are willing to share your stories and thoughts and minister to one another. We serve an amazing God who so faithfully works in and through us.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm