[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are you wanting to see happen in the end?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:08 am 

I don't know the answer to that. It's a good question though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:00 pm 

Good question, "what would I like to see in the end". I'd just like to know how it all happened. My parents were recruited to NTM 40 years ago by a two affable, seemingly credible gentleman. I was about 10 and remember the first year of missionary training as raising alarm bells. The censorship, the raids on homes looking for illicit reading material e.t.c., and the making public of such "offences". Then there was the gap between staff and their children who lived in nice homes and the students and their children who lived in one largish room (divided by walls that didn't go to the ceiling) with no running water or ablution facilities.
Eventually we progressed to "the mission field" and life became even more bizzare. My parents end up doing the jobs that no one else wants, because as George Orwell said "some are just more equal than most". My parents end up as dorm parents for the dysfuntional rejects as no one else wants them. I end up sharing a room with the school bully who keeps a rifle smuggled into the country, but lived to tell the tale.
The school principal rambles on continuously about people with dark coloured skin not being equal to the rest of us and I'm thinking, "why exactly are you in a third world country with lots of people with dark coloured skin in the first place"? Then I put my foot in it by questioning this nonsense and bingo I've got a problem for questioning authority and the abuse goes up a gear. My father goes into bat for me and gets told that "every school has someone who is at the bottom of the pecking order and your son is it, so get used to it".
Eventually I get back to normal society (the one that we were lead to believe was corrupt, evil, full of paedophiles and deviants, but that was another lie) and life turns out not to bad. I deal with the nonsense of my teenage years with time and a sense of humour.
So what do I want to see happen now? It was 30 years since I left "the mission field", no doubt some of the abusers are dead, a few will be demented and the rest will hopefully get what they deserve or reflect on their misdemeanours and attempt to rectify them. Meantime I'll be good and tell the truth as always.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 pm 

Welcome, Bemused. Yes, "bizarre" it was. Life on the inside. That's putting it kindly.

Glad you're okay, happy you've kept your sense of humour, and pleased to have you here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 pm 

The song that keeps going through my mind is "Hotel California" and the line "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". I checked out 30 years ago, but it never quite leaves the head. Ironically that was one of the many banned songs, pity its got a good guitar solo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:21 pm 

I just got tore up again by some of the hateful NTM lovers on this. funny how I am the bitter one. It's really getting old to come on here to a place that is meant to be to speak about NTM and have them treat you just like the mission.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:49 pm 

Good point, about the chickens, it's beginning to sound like George Orwell's Animal Farm, where some are more equal than others. Suspect in our section of the New Tribes fowlhouse the Big Rooster didn't like anyone upsetting the status quo and probably still doesn't. But alas it now appears the fowls foul deeds must be paid for. Now that has put the cat amongst the chickens. Keep a sense of humour, it's stopped me dropping off the perch so far. Bemused.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:52 am 

LIKE!
And no time for more comments than that at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:50 pm 

Have been following for a long long time this blog. It is all so sick!!! I do not agree with all that has happened to all of you. I was not abused sexually but was abused by NTM emotionally and spiritually. I hurt for a long long time along with all of my family members. I have forgiven them but will never work with them again. NTM for some reason does not believe in all that they read in God's Word because if they did they would have fear of what God could do to them. What are we wanting to see happen in the end?? I believe it is all summed up in this passage.....
1 Thessalonians 4 :1-6
1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; 2 for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus.
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.

Can you imagine what that means....because the Lord is the avenger of all such....wow.... God knows what HE wants to see happen in the end!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next