[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - How do we explain the (non)response of male leadership?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm 

Thank you for your explanation Bemused. 30 yrs of crying, self harm, more tears, rage and questions oh and so many counselors I could be a poster child and in 5 minutes you helped me understan and start to shift blame off me and accept. I can also start to feel that little girl in me being released. You have a skill. At least with speaking to my heart. And by the way I am tough to get through to and many have given up and even called me the devil himself. Thank you my down under friend!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 pm 

Aha ha. We have something in common. Apparently I am doing the Devils work, by being on this site :twisted: . This treasured gem comes from a source that sort of looks like me but is a generation older. What is interesting is said person has not internet, so how would he know, divine revelation perhaps???

So you see why I get so confused. On the one hand I am the Devils assistant doing evil work, by destroying the reputations of "good men" (these are the same men who raped, committed incest, destroyed evidence e.t.c.). Then on the other hand, I get lovely e-mails saying that I must have been sent by God to extend a helping hand.

The truth is really somewhere in the middle. An ordinary guy who knows what it is like, because he has been there too, who has derived enormous peace of mind from finding out that he was not alone or imagined the whole thing and just wants to help others on their journey. Of course I have a less compassionate side too, I don't like the fact that so many criminals (and sexual offences are criminal acts) are still wandering around free (or dead and remembered as saints) and I am actively trying to rectify the situation.

Glad to be of service, you've turned the corner the way is up and the light has gone green. Just wave as you roar past a middle aged guy on a bike with a dog on the back, it will be me plodding along (and I don't have horns sticking out of the bicycle helmet :evil: ).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm 

I give to mk chame a new name Defender of Truth

I am so happy you have your voice. Now your story is shared by all who read it. What do others do with it? Often we can't do anything to make the situation better. But we can try to help you carry your load by listening and believing your struggles.

You are not a bad girl please don't call yourself that. You are a Defender of Truth. You are helping others.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 pm 

Something raised on another thread has my mind ticking over.

I knew 6 paedophiles personally (4 sex offenders, 1 a child beater for 30 years and 1 who twisted minds with religous psychobabble and rascist propaganda).
Lets have a look what happened to these 6:

2 are dead, buried with full NTM honours, nice send off, remembered as true men of god.

1 left the field, he beat the locals and sexually molested little girls. Turned up on another field and is now retired living at home in Texas and has a lovely FB page, smiling strangely with his arms over yet another child.

1 went to jail, because a brave MK put him there.

2 are in the NTM resthome, they might get investigated, they might not, but they probably toddle down to the chapel every so often to thank their god for . . .

Now what about the victims families I know, where are they?

A disproportionate number were told to go back to boot camp for "re education" and/or dismissed.

That strikes me as very odd. If you are a paedophile you can get away with it, (yes I know going to jail is not getting away with it, but it wasn't NTM who put that paedophile in jail, they covered it up, his victim got him), but if you are innocent but raise any objections to what you see happening, then the road is back to boot camp and outski.
So we have paedophiles living in an NTM retirement home at goodness knows who's expense and victims families left penniless. Shouldn't it be the other way round?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 pm 

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm 

I'm not sure if I should apologise for the members of my gender who particpate in this nonsense, ummmm no.
Men of the real world have moved on from the pre war era, when the roles of gender began significant changes (the men were at war, women stepped into their shoes and have remained in many of them ever since).
There are many good men in this world who don't buy into this nonsense of protecting their fellow men who are sex offenders. Some men are moving heaven and earth to stop this, help victims and standing tall with their "sisters".
As posted previously, this is about power and if a man can knock out half of his competition by enforcing the belief that women should not have power, then there are 50% less people to have to crawl over and stomp on to get to the top and 50% more people to have power over.
So who did most of the sexual abusing? Men. And who protects those offenders? Mostly Men. And now who is trying to manipulate the inquiries? Men. And while other men lack the courage to stand up to this and stop the manipulation, who will predominantly suffer? Women.

So should a man even be commenting on this, especially one who doesn't participate in any church? Why not! It's just a shame that he has to, because of the failure of men who should have done a lot better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 pm 

I know a few REAL men. Noble, compassionate and courageous.

One of them is named Bemused.

:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am 

My husband does not comment on this forum but he keeps up with it through me and encourages me to follow it to the end and as he says, "go for it." Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next