[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Truth? Transparency?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Truth? Transparency?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm 

DEFINITELY A SLAP IN THE FACE. I am referring to Raz's above post where the links have disappeared and instead a vague comment has been made.

We have known all along that ntm does not care about the victims who were abused and molested as children. Ntm didn't care enough to protect the victims as children and they do not care enough to help those victims at present.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 am 

Being slapped in the face is a good reason for not turning the other cheek.

Asking NTM to behave with honor is a waste of time, therefore the only option is to name and shame. Expose the coverups and the distortions of the truth. Give the faithful donor something to think about, so they may think before they write another cheque.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:00 pm 

Right off their web page
HHHMMMMM

[bMinistryWatch

MinistryWatch.com gives New Tribes Mission an A grade for transparency and four stars (out of a possible five) for financial efficiency. MinistryWatch is an online database with profiles on more than 400 of the largest church and parachurch ministries in the USA. "NTM has demonstrated superior openness and transparency through the degree of its responsiveness and the quality and quantity of information provided," according to MinistryWatch. Read the MinistryWatch report on New Tribes Mission.
][/b]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm 

Hmmm indeed.

Anyone who wants to see some actual figures of assets NTM has, etc., can do so by registering on this site.

Very, very interesting. I am not a finance expert, so I will not comment, except to say it appears NTM has abundant funds, and the donations have not decreased at all in the past few years.

Apparently loyal donors to NTM are not the ones reading this blog.

:(

(Thanks for this, dbarney. MinistryWatch gives NTM an A grade for transparency? Apparently they don't read this blog either.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 am 

Attention NTM, it's not to late to tell the truth and be transparent. Look even Lance is going to tell the whole truth:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-spor ... -the-truth

Imagine Larry on the couch with Oprah, confessing what really happened in all those boarding schools. If Lance can do it, so can you Larry and Co!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 pm 

I think Lance and Larry have a lot in common. If you read the article it seems Lance is still just worried about himself, the personal loss of wealth etc.

Larry on the couch of confession would just be a well scripted lie fest.

Personally I would prefer to see Larry "on the mat". Not sure how that phrase translates into northern hemisphere speak. Down here it means "face down in the dirt and out for the count". Couch is too good for NTM...I vote for the mat. :x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:53 pm 

We understand, 22_years_ago. Loud and clear.

:|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm 

You have got to be kidding.... Ntm transparent????????

What a sick twisted joke.

Well yeah let's see what kind of topics they were transparent on. I am sure Ministry Watch is clueless to this blog and the abuse of MK's. Sure Ntm is gonna be open in broadcasting all the places they work in and be talkative about literacy projects etc. All the things that look good and nice and generate more income. Those are good things for them to be transparent about.

And sadly if Ministry watch is anything like the churches local to me, they didn't even ask about ntm's response to abuse. Because 1. that is just a thing we pretend doesn't happen in religious contexts or 2. they truly are naive and clueless that churches and missions are stomping grounds of abuse. When I joined ntm I was clueless. I did not think to ask ntm when I was applying, "If there is a criminal in your midst will you go out of your way to protect him and let him keep on in his ministry?"

I am no longer clueless. I am now aware. The mission agency I applied to last year had me asking them what they would do if there was a child molester in their midst. I thoroughly investigated them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:05 am 

So, who sent Ministry Watch a link to Fanda Eagles???????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next