[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are the reasons for silence?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 pm 

I like the way it ends too. The tears of frustration will one day be wiped away. Chin up Raz, one day there will be no more tears and look at all the smiles you've been putting on here. O.k. most of it is because of some of our crazy antics, but hey if a bit of craziness gets one smiling, then crazy we shall have. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 pm 

Of course!

I've always done crazy quite well. Ask anyone who knows me!

;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13 pm 

Welcome Back Aussie! I missed ya. Hope you are doing well. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:48 am 

The crazies are BETTER with Aussie around. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 pm 

I still just don't get it. How can a whole organization claiming to love Jesus stay silent in the midst of God's children being so wounded and disabled? I just don't get it. Even prisoners don't put up with fellow prisoners who have abused little ones. Where does that put NTM? Seriously!!! The silence is so maddening. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 am 

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Bad publicity affects income. So hence the silence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm 

Such deception, so sad!!! All for a measly dollar that means nothing in all eternity. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm 

It is the almighty dollar. Thus the reason Penn State's crimes went on for so long. Janitors were afraid to speak for fear of losing their jobs. Higher ups afraid to speak for fear of losing money for the university. So from the top to the bottom, the dollar reigned in that case and I believe in ntm's facade too.

Though I know there are many devoted missionaries left in the ntm organization I know that the money factor has to play a huge role in not leaving or publicizing. I feel the loss of familiarity and friendships also plays a role in silence.

Personally , my experience proves what happens. I left the organization. I lost friends I had for 25 years. I lost my life insurance and medical coverage. I lost the future chance of retiring in a nice area of Florida. I lost all income and had to take on three jobs. I then found another organization willing to take me on but no longer had past supporters as many of them are confused as to why I left ntm. So yeah my pocketbook has been hurting from the moment I left ntm.

However for my conscience sake it is worth it. Now that I am aware of the senseless and horrid crimes that went on for years worldwide under the name of ntm, I am thankful for the release from that organization. I have to admit that in my experience I had two different couples in leadership that I really had respect for. They were approachable and humble and caring. However now I am so disappointed because I see they have obviously given in to the "protect the dollar philosophy" as they are still in leadership and still in ntm. It is a sad story.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm 

You have had the courage to do what your conscience tells you, this makes you very brave. So many Tribers have abdicated their conscience for "the cause". They have let evil men abuse their own children and now don't even have the courage to raise their voices in protest. What sort of people are these, they are the same type of people who sang louder in their church so they wouldn't hear the trains going to the concentration camps. In fact it is even worse than that, because this was not train loads of strangers, but their own children and their friends children and still they hide behind the lies and half truths of their leaders.

Child abuse in missions and churches will never stop until Christians follow their consciences and say "this has to stop and I am going to do something about it". Get the offenders behind bars, even if it is the pastor with the million dollar smile and fancy suit, or the missionary who gave his all to reach the lost! These perverts have ruined far more lives than souls they have saved. They are a disgrace to Christ, they are a disgrace to their pretty airhead wives who smile sweetly and pretend they know nothing.

Name them, shame them and lock them away so they can screw no more lives up. And if men of courage cannot be found to do it, then sisters grab your chainsaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next