[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What are you wanting to see happen in the end?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 am 

The abused victims of Aritao. Who's care were they under? Who was responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of those children? It was not an individual but an organization. NTM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 am 

And did that organization not only fail miserably at protecting those under their care, but fail to provide those same victims any closure, justice, therapy, healing, or anything at all? Were those children under the care of NTM? Why then, is it OK for NTM to be exempt from mandated reporting for any reason? Especially today "we didn't know any better back then" but you do now and still refuse...
In Les Emory's interview, he claimed he had undergone years of councelling and therapy paid for by NTM. Why was that not offered to the victims? Ntm states that they offered free councelling to all victims and that is a blatant lie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:21 pm 

Mahalko,

Based on the evidence, I don't think anyone could argue that NTM did or has responded appropriately in terms of caring for abused MKs. Most of the victims were friends of mine, some for many years. I do think all that has come out has proven that NTM has not regarded its MKs as highly as adults. The ignorance regarding the needs of abuse victims is a symptom of this thinking rather than a legitimate excuse for inaction.

I am not a blind defender of NTM. Any objective reading of my posts should bear that out. I do think FC initial response was much more appropriate than EC response in the case of the Aritao situation. While I have no personal experience with any of the other fields, it seems pretty clear that FC leadership in at least Senegal and Brazil were just as woeful as the EC if not worse.

You are clearly experiencing the results of their failure. I commend you for supporting That Girl so tirelessly and walking through such a difficult time. God bless both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm 

TM,

Let's be pragmatic . . . just because murders go unsolved and child abuse goes unreported at times in the US and other "advanced" societies, does that mean it won't get investigated if I report it? NO. I have a fairly high degree of confidence that it would. Our "advanced" society is getting less advanced each day, but I think we've got some time before that is an issue. Your hypothetical simply isn't a fair comparison. Add in the fact that getting Les as far away from the kids as possible, as soon as possible, was likely a top motivation, and I find it hard to question there judgment. If they knew of abuse or possible abuse earlier, that changes everything.

As noted in many other posts, lack of care for the abused in the aftermath was regrettable and ignorant.

Side history note: while many Americans spilled blood in the Philippines, it could be easily argued that it wasn't to free Filipinos. The Philippines was a US colony at the time, so they were just defending there own property. It also happened to be in a fairly strategic military position. The sacrifice cannot be questioned, just the degree of altruism as primary motive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 pm 

Pagod,

Hypothetical situation. A soccer coach at your daughters school sexually molests your daughter. Another girl tells the principal about it. The principal confronts the soccer coach, and the coach denies it, but later recants and admits it. The principal decides to NOT call the police, but rather buys the soccer coach a plane ticket to... lets say Algeria, and drives him to the airport. Soccer coach leaves the country. You find out about all of this after the fact. You...

a) Agree with the principal's decision because he "was getting the soccer coach as far away from Your Daughter as fast possible, as soon as possible, and that was likely a top motivation. You find it hard to question his judgment. If he knew of possible abuse earlier, that changes everything."

b) Call the police yourself and have the Principal arrested.

c) Put the Principal in a headlock and beat the living hell out of him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:55 pm 

Okay so I'm back from my mini-vacation.
I've sent emails to 3 major television news magazines, one of them is 60 Minutes.
No reply yet, which I'm not surprised, it'll take awhile to get someone's attention, so I will keep sending the emails.

Next up is some serious research to find as many "sending churches" as I can and send the same email to them. Because $$$ talks, and they supply part of that to NTM.

I'd better stop typing for now, family is sleeping and this keyboard is louder than I ever thought possible. I'll save my furious rants for later :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:57 pm 

Oh, and to connect my previous post to this thread (for legitimacy's sake):

NTM should be shut down for good.
No second chances, not for child rape. So sorry. Buh-BYE.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:26 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 am 

Pagod - Are you an MK? Somehow I missed that information.

For an abuser to be able to abuse young girls for 8 years on the field smacks of a leadership culture that enabled such atrocities to happen under their nose.

I know NTM well having been a part of it for 20 years. The culture was ripe for abuse. The authority of the FC was cultish. The naiveté, if that is what you want to call the FC's ignorance of what was going on in their ranks, is not excusable.

Perhaps they rapidly sent home the abuser once it came to their attention. Why do you think they were oblivious to the years (YEARS!) of abuse that was going on? Inexcusable. Do you think a mother is innocent if her husband has abused her child for years and she claims ignorance? The culture of abuse and cult-like leadership was the breeding ground for such atrocities.

You obviously think the Philippine FC were different and “better’ than the Senegal and Brazil field leaders. Unfortunately, NTM culture permeated through the mission.

I’m curious why you are so intent on defending the leadership of the Philippine FC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next