[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - How Are We Doing?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How Are We Doing?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm 

I saw this posted on the Bangladesh MKs Speak Facebook page:

"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose." - Tom Krause

This is really speaking to my heart today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:26 pm 

Some times facing the conflict is part of the healing for those who were abused.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm 

I have a feeling I may not get what I have been fighting for.

I wanted truth, honesty, full disclosure, humility, repentance, reconciliation and healing.

I did not come to Fanda Eagles seeking the filing of lawsuits or the bankrupting or dissolution of a large, previously-reputable mission organization.

I don't feel like I'm winning.

But that does not relieve me of my burden to keep trying.

Even when I know I may be losing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 pm 

Great post, Bemused.

Thanks so much.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am 

Raz wrote:
I have a feeling I may not get what I have been fighting for.

I wanted truth, honesty, full disclosure, humility, repentance, reconciliation and healing.

I did not come to Fanda Eagles seeking the filing of lawsuits or the bankrupting or dissolution of a large, previously-reputable mission organization.

I don't feel like I'm winning.

But that does not relieve me of my burden to keep trying.

Even when I know I may be losing.

Bemused wrote:
Ah but you see you have had truth, honesty, full disclosure, humility, reconciliation and healing. Just not from who you were no doubt hoping it would be from.
Many of us have written our stories warts and all, with truth, honesty and full disclosure. This has provided some healing for themselves and even for others

It would of course be naive to imagine that the shining example of the above set by those who have chosen to speak bravely of their past, would set an example for those who really should be with sincere humility seeking reconciliation.

NTM like Lance Armstrong has bankrupted itself morally already. Lances autobiography has now been relegated to the "fiction" section of the library, where in a few years it will be viewed with curiosity. Any organisation that has a scandal as large as this child abuse scandal on their hands, also runs the risk of having their reputation and even more serious their message relegated to the fiction realms too.

As for the victims, we do have the comfort that we were right all these years, that it was not a figment of our imaginations and that we were an unfortunate anonamally in an other wise nigh on perfect environment.

And just think, there may be children growing up now who will never know the horror of being abused in a boarding school or a dorm, because others had the courage to speak out, that makes it worth it"

Raz it is true we will never see all we want. The chances of reconciliation are next to impossible. Those who cover up will never see it the way we do. They may even admit that it was wrong but they have no idea what it is to fight to keep going day after day when you feel you are worth nothing. But we keep going for the very reason Bemused said those who follow us. I use to think we could end child abuse but I now know that will not happen there will always be evil people in the world. BUT we can stop a lot of it. I know of some MKs who don't have to go to boarding school because of the stand of some other MKs against abuse. Some missions are really letting parents make the decision how their children get their education. So yes we keep going and by that we become stronger people. More ready to help anyone who is in need.

What happens when we try to walk away from the results of abuse after we have "healed"? If we forget it will we feel better? We will have more self worth? Is it worth it? These are question I think about. Yes one child is worth it but I wish it wasn't so hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am 

"What happens when we try to walk away from the results of abuse after we have "healed"? If we forget it will we feel better? We will have more self worth? Is it worth it? These are question I think about. Yes one child is worth it but I wish it wasn't so hard."

Shary, this is why we who stand with you keep going and
WE WILL NOT GIVE UP.
We do not fully understand all that you know
And feel
And have to live with.
We do understand our own abuse
At the hands of "leaders"
Who may be wolves among the sheep.
But we were adults when these things happened.
Maybe it helps to have us alongside.
Maybe we are a little more tenacious,
Not having been hurt as children.
I know we find it detestable that children had to go thru these things!
So we hold hands
And hold each other up.
We cry.
We rejoice in the tiniest bit of progress
still looking for BIG RESULTS.
WE WILL NOT GIVE UP.
We will not give you up.
We are not your parents.
But we have a parents' kind of love for all of you.
We understand how horrible this was for you,
Being children.
Even tho we did not live it and feel it.
WE STAND FIRM WITH YOU.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm 

Thanks Mosquito bite.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:50 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm 

So true.

And so tragic.

:cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next