[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - If you would like to introduce yourself

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:21 pm 

Bemused you are too polite. Those stats are complete crap. If you are an average middle class white american, you have less chance of being sexually abused by a member of your family or someone you know than you do if you are an MK in NTM! If you are going to quote statistics, make sure they compare apples with apples!

The church is full of perverts, that is where they hide, because the naive don't think it is possible that they would ever do so. And where better to hide than in a mission with isolated bases in foreign countries where the local laws are avoided and the authorities back home are not contacted.

Wakey, Wakey.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 pm 

Yes I was being polite, because I didn't believe the statistics either. And your point about comparing apples with apples is excellent.

After all the average NTM MK lives in a much nicer house than the average Papua New Guinean, so therefore they are very well off. See that makes about as much sense as the argument about rates of child abuse.

If you asked a Tobacco company if there was any direct link between their advertising and children taking up smoking, they will put theirs hand on their heart and say it is about "brand preference" not recruiting new smokers, who are almost always teenagers. And we would all know that that is complete rubbish, but they say it over and over as if it was true.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:08 am 

Those of you who come here who have not been abused but advocate for those who have. Thank You. When you believe, encourage, and advocate for the abused you give to us something very special. Yes we need you. For you it is not personal and you have an audience we do not have. So keep writing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:58 am 

Hi, I am a NTM MK. sent to boarding school when I was six. It has truly affected me. Later became a NTM missionary.....where my girls were sexually abused. A lot of sorrow and regret...but also the joy and privilege of growing up among an awesome tribe. I am losing faith in NTM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 pm 

Spot on! Where I live, if you go to jail for interfering with kids, you beg to be in isolation and you beg for all you are worth. Because the murderers, thieves and scum of the earth will treat you for what you are and justice will be served in very definite ways.
So if there is honor amongst the scum of the earth, why do the mission piss around protecting those who are lower than the scum of the earth?
Is it because as Boz says, they don't want to affect their income and it is easier to just dump some kid on the dung heap of life than clean up the dung.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:02 pm 

Interesting that you bring up the fact that prisoners react strongly to child molesters and abusers. I suspect that one reason for their hatred is that many of them were also subjected to abuse as children.

I observe that a number of MK abuse victims try to numb their pain in ways that are self destructive, and in some cases destructive to others. Some pursue their quest to blot out their pain through illegal ways, and could themselves end up in jails and prisons. Others, as we sadly acknowledge, have found the ultimate exit strategy by committing suicide. A far greater number are killing themselves slowly, though destructive life choices that do not ultimately heal their pain.

It is heartbreaking that New Tribes Mission, other Christian missions and organizations, and Christian churches in general refuse to recognize and acknowledge the part that they have played when adults who were once children in their midst "go astray". Rather than moving toward these struggling adults in understanding, love and grace, instead they judge them and push them away, branding them as rebels and sinners. Parents act ashamed of them, sometimes even disowning them completely. Christians will tell you they pray for these "lost souls" from afar. But very few are willing to move close to them, embrace them, and hear their hearts.

This grieves me so very much. I hear stories of this kind of pain over and over. I am sure it grieves the heart of my Savior as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:27 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:35 pm 

I am overwhelmed with this discussion.
So much happens when one has to be gone.
No, Shary, I don't think any of us are giving up.
You and our own kids are all too precious.
We are glad to be here and to keep writing outside, too.
What a world we were in and didn't know!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:37 pm 

And Aussie's back!
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.