[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Tibby & Andy

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tibby & Andy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 am 

Thank you for answering, Andy.
These topics are fraught with emotion for most of us. Even if we have victory thru our Father. In our case, the Word has been terrific encouragement, along with friends and co-workers who affirm we are NOT what NTM labeled us.
Do you have any assurance that GRACE will be or will be included in the 3rd party investigators? They have done a job that is stellar.
When do the other investigations start? Tomorrow is not soon enough.
The GRACE recommendations state that NTM should set up a safe place for adult missionaries who have been abused by leaders to share their stories. It is doubtful that any place could be safe without a 3rd party being involved and also being the receivers of the info. It should be public in some way so that others can see that they are not alone in their situations. But, again, the fear factor that has reigned for so long could limit the response.
BTW could OT's real question be, "Does NTM acknowledge that abuse occurred at many other schools?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm 

Did Larry Goring go to Tambo? Or is my memory faulty?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 pm 

Sherpa Dude,
The US Executive Board is unified and committed to following through with our commitment to investigate abuse. Larry G's leadership role with the Field Ministry Committee does not provide him with any authority regarding the future investigations. I have not spoken to him personally about the abuse that took place at NTM boarding schools, but I know him and I know he is grieved over what has taken place.

Good talking with you this evening. Hard to hear some of what you shared... hard but good.

Keep singing.
Andy

Post subject: Update from NTM
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 pm 

This update from NTM was sent to NTM members and former Fanda students and parents today:
This week NTM finalized the model for future child abuse investigations, which will be carried out independently of NTM. Also this week, NTM signed an independent contractor to coordinate the investigation process. There will be more details about this next week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 am 

I'm having a hard time understanding why the 'updates' seem to always be so private. It's great that NTM personnel and the Fanda families were updated, but what does this say to the rest of the people here on these forums, who have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting for some kind of word from NTM?

Will next week's update be private as well? How does NTM plan to get the word out about their new model?

And I've said this before, so I'll say it again, I do NOT understand why NTM gives 'updates' that are only bits and pieces of information and leaves people wanting- I feel like it's a never-ending cycle of non-information, really.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:49 pm 

[/quote]Which tribers are pleading on behalf of children who were sexually abused at NTM's boarding schools?

Andy, Tibby, Larry: have any of your colleagues been pleading with you[/quote]

I second that question.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm 

Folks I think that we are all in uncharted waters here. We have never had a voice and I can think of no religeous organization who has readilly admitted to wrong doing in a sexual abuse case without a suit being filed and judgement rendered against them. I cannot imagine any of the Fightin Fundies of ntm of days of yore sending us an emissary with Andy`s compassion for us. I am not a lawyer but I have spoken with several during the course of my life. I imagine that Andy, Larry and Marv are taking a lot of heat from their legal team for even sending us an emissary. The old ntm would tell the little boy in the front row "HOW DARE YOU OPEN YOUR EYES!!!"
Ephesians 5.20 Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God. Thank you Andy for being a part of this forum. May God give us all wisdom as we continue this journey together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next