[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - December 15 update on NTM Fanda page

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

To date they have not been asked. Most likely due to the amount of flack NTM has received from their missionaries and members who deny and are embarrassed of the GRACE report.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:50 pm 

I have been mulling over this post from Kari for several days:

"It is also my understanding that GRACE will not be the investigating party for other schools. As someone who was initially skeptical but has come to trust GRACE implicitly, I cannot conceive of a more appropriate investigator. I'm sorry that NTM and other missions do not seem to value the work of GRACE, and probably will never understand the number of lawsuits that were prevented by hiring this team. As I understand it, not one lawsuit from a Fanda MK has been filed as of date. The GRACE report is a living work of art and has been instrumental in starting so many of us on our path to healing. That the GRACE team who serves and loves Christ has validated the extreme spiritual abuse I and you all suffered is something to marvel at."

It pains me to say this, but I suspect that the main reason NTM might be backing off from associating with GRACE in investigating abuse in other schools lies in Kari's last sentence: That the GRACE team who serves and loves Christ has validated the extreme spiritual abuse I and you all suffered is something to marvel at.

I believe there are many good people within NTM who will bravely plow into an in-depth investigation of the abuse of a child, physically or sexually. Most NTMers are themselves parents; parents who love their children with all their hearts, and they would not consciously condone the physical or sexual abuse of their child or anyone else's.

But bring up the subject of spiritual abuse and the courage quickly fades. The possibility that spiritual abuse might be a widespread practice within NTM is more terrifying than ferreting out pedophiles.

I haven't read any of the books on spiritual abuse mentioned in these forums. But five seconds on Google led me to this page: http://www.christiancounselling.on.ca/articles_spiritual_abuse_definition_signs_&_components.htm . Even a quick perusal of the definition of spiritual abuse had me nodding my head. Yes, yes, yes. I spent almost 50 years in NTM, and yes, yes, yes. I experienced all of this. I participated in all of this. I am not without guilt. I am not without shame.

If there is anything we should be repenting of, in sackcloth and ashes, wailing and weeping tears of remorse, even more so than the fact that we allowed the abuse of innocent children to go on right under our super-spiritual noses, it is that we all were so enmeshed in this spiritually abusive cloister that we did not comprehend what an unhealthy environment we were all enabling. Like the squatters who live in the lethal filth of smog and sewage in the slums of Manila, giving birth to babies who breathe in that carcinogenic atmosphere from the day they're born, we all went about our business in that toxic environment and never comprehended how we were viewed by others outside of our safe and happy little family. Others who were true Christ followers who looked at us and shook their heads in amazement over our blissful ignorance.

This is why NTM will never submit to a board of "outsiders" questioning their methods and decisions.

And I suspect that this is why NTM is uncomfortable about showing their dirty linen to GRACE. Because in addition to uncovering horrible child abuse, they have also uncovered pervasive use of "spirituality" to control others, force conformity, and stifle dissent.

It pains me greatly to write this, because my love for many in NTM is very deep and very genuine. Some of them will read this post. I pray they will understand that I am speaking from a heart of love, seeking to shine a light of truth.

Dear God, please open our eyes, and break our hearts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm 

It would be really nice if someone would post something "official" about what's going on, what's being done, what plans there are (if any), and who's going to involved and in what ways. All the rumors and speculation are really frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 pm 

HI JerryB-

Yes, it is extremely frustrating!! I am writing to the person my parents spoke with and asking them to please put together a summary of what they are working on. Maybe there is something we can do to assist them in it. This posting here and thinking they are going to read it and respond is not working. I know they are reading, but why they can't at least post some kind of update is frustrating.

We just want a little communication!!

Hurt-n-Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 pm 

Well, let's just keep pushing the buttons and see if we can get some response. I'll see if OT can get Jason Borneo to sneak out some more "secret" documents. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:26 am 

Raz wrote:

"And I suspect that this is why NTM is uncomfortable about showing their dirty linen to GRACE. Because in addition to uncovering horrible child abuse, they have also uncovered pervasive use of "spirituality" to control others, force conformity, and stifle dissent."

Thank you, Raz. This is at the heart of the matter---including what you said in the rest of your post as well. Now combine this with what Kari just posted: that NTM is not all there is to this. It is more all-encompassing. It will take the kind of prayer that moves mountains. And all that we can do in practical ways, too. When you really think about it, it is a miracle that the GRACE Report was written at all. Please, more miracles, Lord!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm 

Raz,

It is painful to face up to the fact that all of us NTMers and ex NTMers and MKs were all seeped in this kind of spiritual abuse. Encouraged to have a superior attitude with the notion that NTM had it right and others were inferior in their approach to reaching the world. We all bought into this awful concept. There is an opportunity for NTMers to come clean about spiritual abuse and repent of it. Of course it will take a ot of prayer and a Red Sea miracle but our God is known for that sort of thing, yes?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

I went ahead and double checked and this is verified fact. NTM has not asked GRACE to investigate another school. GRACE has conveyed their willingness to do so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next