MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 am 

Thank you Sherpa for your kind words of encouragement. What a blessing your writings are to us out here. May God continue to inspire you and give you great peace.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:01 pm 

Sherpa, you're not alone! We're here! We've got your back!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm 

Love, compassion, honesty, humility, vulnerability, healing, grace=venom???
If you haven`t walked in my shoes, how will you know how much my blisters hurt?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm 

Love, compassion, honesty, humility, vulnerability, healing, grace=venom???
If you haven`t walked in my shoes, how will you know how much my blisters hurt?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 pm 

Problem was that NTM had little understanding of what rebellion really was. I knew from a very young age that NTM was not normal, that my parents shouldn't be being treated in the way I saw. that it wasn't normal to have them decide if you got frozen veggies or if you really needed shoes.

Did I fight this system, yes I did. Was I and still am labeled a rebel, yes I am. So for most my life growing up in this cult, I had to wake up every day knowing it was wrong and not normal. That sucked, the feeling of no one able to hear you for who you are. I wasn't rebelling against God. It was against a system that was hurting people. But no one listened, they never listen. That's the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:35 pm 

Hi Yunker. I'm glad you are back. Just want you to know we do care and we are very disturbed with how you were treated. Some of us are listening now. We've got your back too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 am 

Thanks guys. :)

I don't live there anymore. where I do live, is making sure it doesn't happen to others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 am 

I just heard, last night, of another occurrence of extreme spiritual abuse by the PRESENT field committee on an NTM field. The power wielded by these men who are crazed by their own status and position would be laughable if it weren't tragically true! The position they've taken in regard to one humble NTM couple is ridiculous to the extreme: this couple is being treated like they are still in kindergarten!

Little boy and girl in the back ROW! Shut your mouths and do what we tell you!!!!

Sadly, the present fragmentation of NTM into various sending countries and regions appears to mean that these field committees made up of assorted nationalities (e.g. U.S., Canadian, Australian, etc.) are now answerable to no one in particular. The group of men in Sanford has become an impotent entity. The potential for extreme abuse -- as was the case with the Senegal field committee -- is now higher than ever.

I foresee disaster ahead, and though I am no longer a member of NTM, this hurts my heart a great deal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 am 

Going back to the topic of boot camp (from Dec. 21) really hit home! When we arrived at boot camp I was surprised to find out that we had three strikes against us: 1) We had already served on the field as associates 2) We had been in the pastorate for many years before that 3) My husband graduated from seminary. I guess the feeling was that we must be proud and needed to be beat down and humbled. Most employers value experience but that never seemed the case with the leadership at the boot camp. It's weird to be treated like children at that stage of your life! We loved the children we had worked with and were longing to go back so badly but realized that NTM wasn't where the Lord wanted us afterall. It was one of the saddest times of my life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:32 pm 

My husband and I have always been big on friendship evangelism and discipling. My husband was (and is) always the first one there to help someone when they're moving, need wood chopped, etc. I was very disappointed that at boot camp it was not a priority in training to be sensitive to each other needs. It seemed to me that this would be important on the field. It seemed more important to watch others closely to see if they were "slipping up" instead. I remember one time right as we were assembled after lunch to get our work details, a new family drove up. I piped up that it would be really nice for them and make them feel welcomed if we used our work time to help them unload all their belongings. Next thing I knew, my job for the day was pulling weeds along the sidewalk out by hand. Didn't make sense then and it still doesn't now!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next