MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why the secrecy?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I believe there was a misunderstanding of JMG's post which said in part, "Who gave approval before proceeding with GRACE?" JMG seems to be making the point that NTM has indeed asked for the MKs input.

Any allowance on NTM's part to let us have a voice in the process has been very reluctant. We have had to demand that we be listened to, and that has in some ways paid off. Valued by NTM for our input? No, I definitely don't get that sense. Any other Eagles?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm 

NTM values the MKs input on this website insofar as it benefits NTM primarily. I think they are taking the "circle the wagons" approach and have gone legal until you Fanda MKs forced them to do more. I see nothing particularly noble up til now. I think everyone is open to NTM being noble and doing the honorable thing but silence is not golden.

If NTM would cut the engine on the boat, come to a stop, look back on the wake left behind over the years this would, in fact, be a defining moment. To actually see with the heart what has been done whether intentionally or unintentionally may be too hard to face yet? When would be a good time? After more lives are destroyed?

Wake up NTM before you go the way of the dodo bird.....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:09 pm 

"Cut the engine. Stop! Look back at the wake! Look back in silence and REALLY SEE it."
What a great word picture!
I say AMEN to that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 pm 

Thank you, Interested and verily. I didn't know that history. I appreciate your taking the time to explain it for me!

Kari, I'm sorry my post came across that way. From my understanding of how GRACE became involved I didn't assume that NTM *asked* for your input. I didn't think that NTM presented you, the MKs of Fanda, with the option of GRACE and asked, "What do you think?" But did I assume correctly that you did give approval? I am glad that you demanded to be heard. My heart's desire is that you would be valued for your input!

I am glad GRACE was selected! Is GRACE recommending that they be the ones to investigate the other abuse of NTM MKs? Or is their recommendation that the Fanda Eagles be the ones to determine how the other abuses are investigated or at the least to give their opinion? What recommendations of GRACE are NTM falling short on? Were they in the report and I missed them? Or is it just that NTM is being too slow in carrying them out?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:32 pm 

Funny question here... but does GRACE have the personnel needed to investigate all these abuses? If they do, they seem like the best option!

If they can't investigate all the schools, what about having GRACE as the coordinators/overseers of the investigations? Kari, you talk to GRACE-- what is their current recommendation?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

JMG, yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. I have loved your posts and know you support the Eagles, so my post didn't come across the way I meant either.

To anwer the question, even though the decision was made without the Eagles, we did give our approval of GRACE after the fact, and our approval was important because without it we wouldn't have had the trust established to work with GRACE and the investigation would have halted. I flew to Florida and sat in on a conference GRACE gave to a church who wanted to be proactive on the topic of child abuse. I went there cynical and cautious, but hearing what GRACE was telling this church was like life-giving water. They definitely earned my trust and have kept it all the way through.

JMG and anotherMK - I believe GRACE is recommending that NTM not hire anyone without getting the approval of the MKs involved. Any investigator must be vetted by the MKs as well or there is no basis for trust. NTM must also not involve their CPC in the investigative process. It is imperative that the investigators remain third party.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 pm 

I personally think that the reason GRACE got the approval of so many Fanda MK's was because they insisted on doing the investigation COMPLETELY INDIPENDANT of NTM. I hope that when NTM gets around to investigating the next school that they ask the MK's from that school to help them come up with an independent investigator that the MK's approve of! Maybe, Kari you could start a "Student Board" discussion topic on each school in this forum so that the students can come up with a student board so that NTM has a list of MK representatives from each of the schools that they can contact. I didn't word that very well. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:04 pm 

Just to push the issue further, even if NTM subcontracted out the investigation to individuals to conduct, it probably means there would not be a public document. Where would we all be right now if there was not a public Fanda GRACE Report? No public document = no public accountability = no progress. Yes the public document created some problems for NTM, however the good way out weighs the bad.
And look at how healing it is to read the FGR. For many the atrocities of what they experienced and the distorted thinking it created were normalized, clarified; they are not alone. I know from my experience at Via that there are many more abused MKs who have not spoken yet, and I don't think they will until there is a Via GRACE Investigation, and some may not even talk till they see a VGR with their own eyes that shows that the abuse was treated with integrity, respect, and accountability.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm 

("hope that when NTM gets around to investigating the next school that they ask the MK's from that school to help them come up with an independent investigator that the MK's approve of! Maybe, Kari you could start a "Student Board" discussion topic on each school in this forum so that the students can come up with a student board so that NTM has a list of MK representatives from each of the schools that they can contact.")

@Naomi

I like your idea.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

I like it too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next