[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Is It Cult-Like If......?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:53 am 

Jail would be good!
And, yes, there are other places to go other than ntm.
Places without those "stupid forms"
And where a person is genuinely appreciated for what he is doing.

How much time has been wasted trying to get a conversation going
With people who only care about staying in power
And controlling everyone under them?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 pm 

I have a comment to Bemused. You stated that, "The one thing that has kept me from labeling NTM as a cult is the number of good people who are involved still in NTM. Not those who are just blindly carrying on, pretending this is not their problem or that they don't know what happened, but a few who are actively trying to sort this mess out from within and who do act with genuine compassion. I do have respect for their efforts and appreciate the personal communication that goes on behind the scenes."

All I want to say to Bemused and others is pray for these good people because if they don't end up leaving due to nervous breakdown, they will probably be booted out. I tried that route. For several years I tried to be a voice for justice, not even knowing about the crimes committed against the Mk's. In the end, I almost had a breakdown and decided it was no more time for Fight, but Flight.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm 

How many people had nervous breakdowns in NTM? And how many of these were women? I know of one, she is related to me.
Your point and request is excellent.

I find out more and more cases of serious abuse on an ongoing basis. We know from the GRACE report that there were many cases, then extrapilating from there: That was just one field, so if that was an average situation (and it probably was), we are suddenly into the 100s of cases of serious abuse (I'm not talking emotional or mental abuse, but criminal offending). Now we all know that an abused male is unlikely to admit to being sexually abused and female victims often bury their abuse too, so now we are into very high rates of abuse. Probably into the realm that if you were a missionary on a field for any decent period of time, you will know some MK who was abused and probably more than one.

Which verifies your point. To carry this knowledge around and remain silent is a terrible burden to bear and if to speak out means dismisal, the choice is terrible.
If this is the choice, then perhaps Aussie is right. And if Aussie is right, even a Sypathetic Agnostic should be on his knees praying, whether he likes it or not.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am 

Yes you should be on your knees praying Bemused! We should all be, to whoever is out there and listening, because this has absolutely wrecked so many lives.
Nowaware is right, if you are in NTM and you try and fight against the tide of complacency and secrecy then you will either have a mental breakdown or be thrown out. The only way to survive in NTM is to do what your are told and keep your mouth shut or to become a leader and shut others mouths for them.

Is there any doubt that this is not a cult now? Wake up folks, look what you are in and get out before it is to late!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:59 pm 

I am feeling charitable this morning. So I am going to say that leaving NTM (or even thinking about it) will be terribly hard for some NTMers who have found a nice comfy place in a group where if they do as told they are accepted and feel loved and wanted. After all, it is nice to be part of a group I suppose. But if they accept, based on the overwhelming evidence supplied to date, that this organisation has hidden and basically by doing that condoned criminal acts of child abuse (paedophilia - let's use the yukky sounding name)....then really they must leave. They must leave if they have a shred of faith in God and believe that children are precious and really do matter (or that those commiting sex abuse need to be in jail). Hey people - there are other missions out there in which you can serve.

Less charitable now.

If you are in NTM and you have seen and read the evidence and you haven't started thinking about leaving (or minimum asking hard questions of your leaders) then there is something seriously wrong with you. Seriously wrong.

I'll stop before I get even less charitable.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 pm 

SECOND!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm 

No use in trying to re-state it, 22yearsago.
You did it so well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next