[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - MK Abuse Survivors: NOW IS THE TIME!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:34 pm 

Thanks for weighing in, XYZ. I appreciate knowing what MKs' thoughts are, and picking numbers from this excellent list might be a great way to share your thoughts with the rest of us!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm 

Regarding THE LIST

How about an addition of:
I am tired. I am worn. But I have invested too much to give up now. I want to though. I just need it to be over already. How much more energy is inside me? Very little.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:16 pm 

I like the poll idea, rroym. Maybe Bonnie knows how to set one up? It would need to be different than just a thread in one of the forums, because people's privacy wouldn't be protected that way.

Maybe we can give this some thought ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm 

Here is an interesting article sent me by a friend. This is how an Irish archbishop is showing his contrition for abuse suffered by children at the hands of "men of God":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359091/Irish-archbishop-Diarmuid-Martin-washes-feet-sexual-abuse-victims.html?printingPage=true

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 pm 

Oh for shame, I didn't articulate myself very well in the last post. So much to say, so much to ask about. Perhaps I'll write it all out and repost. This morning I read again about little children sold by their parents as sex slaves. Don't our troubles pale in comparison? God help us. Those who are stronger, keep praying.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 pm 

MARS, as the mom of two abused daughters, my heart is so warm and so full for you. I would like to just take you in my arms and give you a big, long hug. I want so much for all of us on here to give every survivor the support they need to speak, not speak, cry, scream or be alone. ALL of it is okay. ALL of it is legitimate. I so relate to what you say about being in tears or near tears ... I have been participating on this website since last June, and I can tell you that I spent the first several weeks in that state, as I was swept up and overwhelmed by the amount of pain that was being explored through the posts and the information. As we swim forward through all the tears we do eventually find a more solid footing on healing shores, so keep moving forward, okay?
I have a daughter who is very much in the "did I make that up" category, so I can really relate to your feelings when you didn't see your abuser's name on the perpetrator thread. I encourage you to post their name if you want to see it there. I posted some names of some dead people who I know can no longer be punished in this world, but it was just satisfying to me to put their names out there on the world-wide web.
And to those survivors who are reading this site in privacy and have reasons for not speaking out, please hear me: we love you, pray for you, support you and truly do understand that every person who has been abused walks their own unique, individual path ... we do not mean to be pressuring you. We are angry at those who abused you and want to see evil exposed and justice be served. To the degree that we can get information and corroboration, we are grateful. But we do understand that some have not found their voice and are not ready to share their stories.
My prayer is that this will always be a safe place. May we all act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:34 pm 

I sent Raz a PM but wanted to publicly thank her for these kind words. Still reeling a bit. As you can see from my answers in blue, my family thought we'd already done all we could and we got nowhere. Further action has to be seriously contemplated. See Thai MK's post on that school's thread---lives on the line, reputations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am 

How it helps to read what others are going thru when we just can't get over this huge painful area in our souls because of our (in comparison) small abuse! We believe it's there for others we have heard of who are still experiencing this same kind of abuse. And for the ones we do not know about. To think there may be no way to address this and stop it is heart-wrenching.
We face a new possibility of abuse if we go ahead with something here. Something that would involve millions of people, literally.
How can we not cry? How can we not hurt?
Keeping this a really safe place is SO necessary. Open to ALL. And to All forms of expression. (Ok, not swearing. :) Remember that discussion? )
And how it helps to read the encouragement some have for others! We don't even know how far-reaching this is and what the Lord is doing. The results we desire may be peanuts in the light of what God has planned.
O, God, continue to teach us and mold us and give us a part in bringing glory to You!