[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Steps NTM needs to take NOW

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 am 

My respected friend, Ironman: I need to clarify that the quote your referenced was a facetious mockery that I made up on my own; NTM didn't really say it. In fairness to them, they would never have thought to say it, if only because it would have been honest. Far be it from them to be honest when they can surreptitiously foist it off on God's working.

My honorable friend, Bruised but not Broken: Your evaluation of NTM "leadership" was as eloquent as any I have ever seen. You point out that they operate/d under "the guise of spiritual leadership that was neither spiritual nor leadership." I had to read that one standing up!

NTM (non)leadership is a good example of what can happen when the Scriptures are misapplied, however noble the intentions. NTM is NOT "just like a church." NTM leaders are NOT "just like pastors." And, for crying out loud, teamwork is NOT "just like a marriage." Theology by analogy leads to shipwreck every. single. time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 pm 

Gene, thanks for clearing up the quote issue. Even though such a quote is possible from an NTM leader, it is not plausible they would put something that ridiculous out there, despite all other actions to the contrary. I got the humor.

My main point in opining was to agree with the point that NTM is just not being honest with how they are handling information regarding the abuse money(investment income) and that they are not acting ethically in regards to the GRACE report requirement that the abusers pay into the fund, not NTM. Whats new!

I think Mr. Mitt Litt Santorum's point was well made...(paraphrasing) that even if NTM came right out and said donor money is/will be used to pay reparations to the abuse fund, it would just cause all the die-hard loyalist donors to give all the more, all-the-while cursing the jane and john does of this world for ever daring to legally challange the spotless papacy of NTM leadership in the first place. Of course only the devil could be behind anything that would put NTM leadership in such a horrible position to have to fight a legal battle in court. Darn those feisty abuse victims...they keep getting in the way of the ministry. They are soooo costly.

Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:39 am 

Those bothersome abuse victims....I wish they would just go away...they make me feel so uncomfortable and it really isin't very "christian" of them to be saying the things they're saying. Those poor pedophiles, they spent all those years "ministering" overseas only to have to face what these MK's are saying these years later. ANYONE FEEL REALLY ANGRY AND ILL YET....SO YOU ALL SHOULD BECAUSE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THOSE WITH THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND ARE SAYING........JUST IN NOT SO MANY WORDS?

How many Eagles out there have read the book?

IN GODS NAME

WRITTEN BY - DAVID YALLOP

I wonder if David Yallop would like to write another best seller but this time about the financial and abuse cover-ups in the Protestant church.... NTM in particular?. We thought In Gods Name was mind blowing and unbelievable in it's day but imagine our story/ies on paper for the world to see.

We are making a start and Fanda Eagles is a good way of collating/collecting for the book.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 pm 

Wasn't it David Yallop who wrote the book that theorized that Pope John Paul the First was murdered? If I remember correctly he died within a month of taking office in rather odd circumstances and no post mortem was done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm 

Thats the one. David Yallop originally set out to disprove the the rumours of corruption in the Catholic church but the more he researched for the book the more he realized that he would have to change his personal ideas and opinions. Wrote about the financial corruption and the heavy involvement/influence of the mafia in the church....and how far the "church" leadership was prepared to go "In Gods Name".

Pretty frightening stuff....yes murder....you name it they did it. Mind you.. NTM is fast matching the history
the Catholic church has had exposed so the protestants have got nothing to be proud of.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:18 pm 

Thats correct. The theory goes that Pope John Paul the First was going to review the churches position on contraception, was looking into the churches bank and was primarily elected by the third world cardinals. As you say he died mysteriously after eating a meal and there was no investigation or post mortem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm 

Now that New Tribes "Communication-is-our-Life" Mission has, for the umpteenth time, repented of their poor communication and taken steps to remedy that. . . they need to hire someone to do a CULTURE ANALYSIS of the mission.

I'm not talking about a review of leadership style, which we can already all see is pretty anemic. If it weren't, there wouldn't even BE a website such as this!

I'm talking about an in-depth look at what makes the average New Tribes "We're-Working-Full-Time-on-This" Mission employee tick.

What do they value?

What social pressure is exerted?

Who is in the "in-group"? The "out-group"?

What constitutes their World View? What are the group commonalities?

Why do people who disapprove of the way New Tribes "It-Didn't-Happen-on-Our-Watch" Mission is handling the tide of reports on sexual abuse of children not leave it for another group?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:17 am 

New Tribes Mission should give their employees/ missionaries a say in how the mission is run, and in who runs it.

Allow direct, secret elections of Field Committee members.

Allow direct, secret elections of Executive Board members.

Put mission policy to the ballot before putting it in the policy manual.

I realize that this is not the way NTM has traditionally been run. Neither does it represent the way that missionaries expected it to be run when they joined it of their own free will; they knew they would have no voice. So, it may seem a little out of place to suggest it now.

And, it may not! After all, many of them joined before all of the recent reorganization was imposed on them. They joined not knowing about the Fanda Eagles or the abuse in the majority of the boarding schools run by NTM. They did it before NTM decided to fight rather than admit allegations of negligence. Some of your employee/ missionaries are probably pretty uncomfortable with how you're running things, NTM.

At the very least, ask them, in a secret ballot, to voice their preference, and agree ahead of time to implement it.

Ask them: Do you want an effective/ effectual say in how the mission is run?