MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dear Friends
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 pm 

I have been hoping to be able to come back and participate like I had initially, but I have realized that this is not going to be possible for me at this time and probably for some time to come.

Just as short update and *hopefully* it will be an encouragement to someone- even a lurker- who is finding him or herself in a situation such as the one I was in.

My children and I left our home last week. We needed to. It was not a healthy, safe place to be physically and in other ways. We are pretty much settled in our new home by what I believe was truly only possible by direct intervention of the Lord. He has led me every step of the way and placed SO many people in our paths that helped us get out with little and then furnish our new home with all we need! He has given us good neighbors and a friend for my boys to play with- something they have wanted for SO long.

Two specific things I prayed about while I was planning this move to safety was that there would be a stream close by for my 12yo (he is on the autism spectrum and LOVES fishing and playing in the water) AND a good friend for both my boys. God has provided both of those things.

I am just in such awe over how the Lord provided in so many areas I can't even recount. It is amazing. I feel blessed. We are at peace- though it is still difficult for my younger two (boys ages 11 and 12) to have this huge upheaval. But our lives are so much less stressed and worrisome. We know we have what we need to live and that it will be done without drama and strife.

So... all that to say, while I will be reading, I won't be able to do much more and for that I feel very sorry. But as tow-mater mentioned over in another post (paraphrased), We serve a big God and His purposes will definitely not be thwarted by MY absence!

Maybe sometime when we are more settled and feeling like we've recovered from the years the locusts have eaten (LOVE that verse!), I will be able to do something more.

Until then.... I'll see you on the boards! :D

Post subject: Re: Dear Friends
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 pm 

Mrsm - FYI 1-800-New-Life has a couple free phone counseling sessions

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm 

Thanks so much for this update, MrsM. It's very good news! God is still at work, in all our lives. What a comfort and encouragement!
Much love to you, and you are always welcome ... even just to read along, if you don't have time to post!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:10 am 

YOU are a dear friend, Mrs. M!
Thank you for all the encouragement and all your posts---the petition...
Your own life has had its troubles and we are glad to hear you have a safe haven.
Give your kids the attention they need now.
We will know you are still with us in your heart.
Bondage?
There are still things we cannot post here.
Things we would like to see stopped.
We have concerns for others.
But, ourselves, we ARE free now.
Just a little bridled---more than we would like.
Your input and transparency in regards to your own pain are MUCH appreciated!