[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Administrative Leave

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Administrative Leave
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm 

Aussie,

I am wondering about the same thing....that letter.. I asked if a letter could be sent to every parent that had children in every school being investigated. The reason? Many of our parents will not listen, are dedicated to anything NTM stands for, will not believe us and just won't listen to us. I thought that if they received a letter saying that said school was being investigated for proven sexual abuse, plus other kinds of abuse,,just maybe that solid wall may waver a bit. But I Gess,(opps there is one of the names on the sexual abuse list) guess it isn't going to happen.

Wish it would. My parents want nothing to do with any of it. You'd think that when they heard about it, they'd at least ask me some questions about my incarceration there to see if I was one of the abused. Being the only girl.....you can't go on what the boys say(altho, one of those was physically abused). It seems that they still don't care and what they don't know won't hurt them, but what about me?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:54 pm 

NTM: that is a good question. Why haven't you proactively sent out letters and or personally contacted everyone who was involved in a boarding school in any way, shape or fashion to see if there are still victims or even perpetrators unidentified. It seems disengenuous to be crying all over the alter of repentance and then acting like its everyone elses responsibility to come forward. Its your responsibilty to go find them and straighten this mess out, not to sit back and wait for the abused to come forward, or for the abusers to turn themselves in(sic).

You should be going bonkers right now to get ahold of every single MK that you have ever known to be in one of your boarding schools and ask them personally, even face to face if possible, if they were ever abused and who the abuser might be. Simultaneously you should be doing what Mr. Bemused said to do and make every single missionary that you can find sign off that they did not sexually abuse any children.

Rather, it looks to me like you would just as soon not find out any more bad stuff then you have too so as not to put any more logs on a potentially lethal legal firestorm. If you were true to your words, you would be sparing no expense and no amount of personnel to find any and all abusers and abused. I could be totally in the dark here, but I don't see that happening. I figured once GRACE handed over their scathing review of your organization, you smiled and said, thanks but no thanks guys, we don't need any more trouble then we already got, see ya later, we will get someone who can drag feet.

I'm not convinced you are capable of TRUE repentance. NTM, what you are very capable of is lip service.

Ironman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 am 
Site Admin

In spite of the emails expressing sorrow some mk's received from Brian and others, and other current NTMer's claims of change, NTM's tepid response shows there is NO change. The children of New Tribes Mission do not matter.

At this point we are the annoying buzzing in their ear. We are the trouble makers that have to be dealt with because it is costing them support. We are the PR nightmare that has to be spun. We are the symptom of a sickness that they turn a blind eye.

NTM hear me now. If you are truely changed, take a step back and view the nightmare you have caused for so many. Take a good look at the structure of the albatross entity that you serve. Call for a settlement in the current court cases. Call the authorities and open your books to let them see the sickness that was. Stop protecting those who have done us wrong.Cut out the cancer in yourselves and your mission.

How can you church build and reach the tribes when you haven't even reached your children? I would not be surprised that for every lost soul that you claim to have reached, an equal number has been lost because of your treatment, inaction and coverup.

And we were your family!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:31 pm 

So true. threewillows. So sadly, sadly true.

:(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:05 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm 

Wow, that really is awful, Bemused. Absolutely no defensible explanation for such terrible treatment. I am ashamed of those Americans who treated you with disdain.

And yes, it's pretty cool that you are now playing a very important role in all that we are doing here in our Fanda Eagles family!

We are so glad you're here!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm 

Bemused is a powerful defender of all hurting victims and knowing what he has suffered makes it so much more helpful. I am amazed at the facts being revealed by the victims and yet the control I read in their comments. Sometimes I want to scream after reading all this. Mind you I don't but my poor husband patiently listens to my ranting. He simply has a hard time understanding sexual abuse and believes these so called "Christian" organizations MUST correct their sinful ways immediately. He believes closure is what it will take but doubt that ever happens, too many loyalists. Full Stop.