[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NTM vs Jesus

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: NTM vs Jesus
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 am 

I see that it didn't take much time for someone to raise the "hypocrisy" objection: I pressed criminal charges against NTM in violation of their interpretation of Scripture. How dare I question NTM's compliance with the teachings of Jesus? At least, that is what I think is meant: http://ntmfansite.blogspot.com/2011/11/gene-log-is-hycoprite.html

I think a good case can be made for my actions. But, my actions are not the ones in question here. So, for the time being, let's just go ahead and assume that what I did was a clear violation of Scripture. Let's assume that I am unforgiving and out to avenge myself. Let's say that I am carnal, bitter and not walking with the Lord. And any other pious invective you'd like to throw my way....

NOW can we talk about NTM's obedience to the words of Jesus?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:50 am 

NTM is willing, if not anxious, to apply the words of the Bible to various situations as it sees fit, even when it acknowledges that the application in question is not the primary interpretation of the passage.

Leaders in NTM are not really pastors/ elders/ bishops or any other local church official. Still, NTM views them as "spiritual leaders" and, therefore, feels comfortable applying passages about biblical, local church leaders to them. They even find parallels with Moses.

NTM is not really a local church, although it is legally registered as a church in the State of Florida. Still, NTM sees their organization as a "fellowship of believers" and, therefore, feels comfortable applying passages about biblical, local church discipline to their organization. They even "disfellowship" people.

If pressed, any NTM member/ employee would agree that these are mere applications of the principles found in the Scriptures. But, they are applied so rigorously as to control every aspect of every members' life!

All I am asking in this thread is how NTM would apply this passage of Scripture:
"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou are in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
"And if any man will sue thee at law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also."
Matthew 5:25-26, 40

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:09 am 

Does NTM believe that this passage, in stark contrast to those about local church members honoring their pastors, has NO application at all to the situation(s) in which NTM finds itself these days?

"Agree with thine adversary quickly" is applied to be "Have your lawyer call our lawyer."

"If any man will sue thee at law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also" is applied to be "Defend yourself vigorously lest they sue the shirt off your back and your investment income drop."

Ironically enough, defending oneself as a member/ employee of NTM was always seen as evidence of guilt, at least for the rank and vile. I mean, rank and file!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 am 

"We're bad, but they're worse. So, we're really OK." Such is the public relations strategy of NTM.

Somehow, NTM is able to deflect criticism of itself by asserting the following:

People who criticize them are hypocrites.

Some of them have tattoos and body piercings.

A handful of them do not attend church regularly.

Some of them find admirable things in Catholics. What's next? Charismatics?

Victims are bitter and do not demonstrate the love of Jesus.

Many of these kids used to listen to rock music on the sly while in the dorms. What can you expect?!

We have to defend ourselves lest the avaricious lawyers take away all that money that is earmarked for preaching the gospel... and investments.

We already said we were sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:00 pm 

NTM is grasping at straws when they admit "sorry" but then explain away why everybody else is in the wrong but they are in the right. That is a mind set that is well and truly alive with them and their followers. When an organization is cult like and let's face it most mission board/agencies are close to that I don't think they will ever face up to their wrong doing completely. The assessment of NTM on this thread is so real that it is scary.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:41 pm