[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Where Are They Now?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where Are They Now?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:32 pm 

I was so worried, I got my very old telephone out and rang the Pearly Gates. "Has the rapture taken place?" I asked. "No" St. Peter replied, "if it had Raz wouldn't be on Fanda Eagles".

Anyway now MB has buzzed in, I can sleep easy again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:05 am 

Well, thank you!
It feels good to be missed.
I missed all of you too!
Got a good dose of catching up the other day. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:15 pm 

Aww ... your sad words make me sad, Iwillflyagain. I can feel how painful this is for you.

Counsellors are only human. They don't always get it right. All you can do is consider the advice, knowing that the intentions were good, as you say, and then act, or not act, as you choose.

It is your life. No one else's. You will know the best thing to do.

As always, we are cheering for you! With love!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:11 pm 

Funny thing yesterday, a Jehovah's Witness member knocked on my door, accompanying him were two little girls. And I felt sorry for them, the little girls that is.
I'm usually polite and listen to the well rehearsed speech and politely take the magazine, while making polite excuses why I didn't want to join, working on the philosophy that they probably get a lot of doors slammed in their faces and told to #$!@% off and that as a reluctant member of a missionary family, I'd somewhat (but unwillingly) participated in making people listen to beliefs and it would be rude not to return the gesture.

Guess I've changed in the last couple of years and I stopped the speech early and politely informed the gentleman that I was actually an Agnostic, to which he looked very puzzled, so I had to define it for him, which I explained as "someone who had been there, done that and not enjoyed the experience at all". Alas he departed before I had time to enlighten him to the wonders of Fanda Eagles :? and my interesting life story.

But it got me feeling sorry for the two little girls, I doubt they had any choice on spending their weekend knocking on strangers doors and being used as advertising for recruiting. Sort of like what I felt like when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:23 pm 

Surely makes you wonder how their lives will turn out....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:10 am 

knock knock knockin' on heaven's door...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm 

My father was a tough little man. He walked in his gumboots where angels feared to tread and richer missionaries only dared to fly over. And for this he should be admired.

Yet he was terrified of what some of his fellow missionaries were capable of doing. The reason was that Numonohi had a pecking order and if you were high up, you could say whatever insulting rubbish you liked to someone down the chain and they had no recourse for reply. And so my father had to compromise his principles and attempt to keep his nose clean, for fear of being excommunicated or evicted.
And some of the insulting rubbish was exactly that. Well I remember the being dragged into strange secluded places for long lectures on pride or an examination of my personal salvation. Now it is laughable, back then it was strangely scary. And my father would warn me which MKs not to retaliate against when they dished out their dose of bullying, because he feared the reaction of their father if I did. So the brave man lived in fear and of course eventually they got him and threw him out, just like they threw many out.

Numonohi was a very weird place, one of fear and bullying, which started at the top of the school system and worked it's way down. There were a few brave adults who picked up the vibes and extended a caring hand to those who were beaten into submission, but far to many just closed a blind eye, thankful that someone else was being picked on and not them.

And why did parents just watch without intervening as they saw another adult abusing their own child with the verbal nonsense that got trotted out? This is not normal behaviour, parents are genetically programmed to defend and care for their own children, yet at Numonohi it seemed the philosophy that breaking a childs spirit/will was the order of the day and it was a parents responsibility to keep silent while another adult did you the service of doing it to your child. Numonohi was a very strange environment, run by a tight group of sadist and rascists.

My father was a tough little man and for him to be scared of what his fellow missionaries were capable of doing is almost beyond belief, but now we know that his fears were actually justified, for if they could do what they did to him, they were certainly capable of doing worse, far worse to an innocent defenceless child.

Excuse my French, but they were cowardly bastards! And many of them are still in NTM!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:35 pm 

Too polite!!!!!!! Numonohi was an evil place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You had to be there to understand how bad it was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next