[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Investigation

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Investigation
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:23 pm 

I agree. It is an invitation that should not be declined, it would be rude to do so.

Take notes, write what is said down.

And look into the eyes of those you meet. Do you see genuine compassion, do you see fear, do you see $ signs.

Tell us what you see and what you hear.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:33 am 

First off, I would like to congratulate the Panama MK group for coming up with a well worded, clearly defined and much needed list of requests and concerns for NTM and IHART to address regarding their poor handling of the abuse scandals!

For what its worth, in my humble opinion, IHART is an illegitimate organization and can't be trusted for its ties to (and therefore) conflicts of interest with NTM. That doesn't mean they haven't turned up some good reporting, but the whole ordeal hangs under a heavy cloud of suspicion and possible mishandling of information.

I don't trust either one of them even though I'm sure there is a lot of good intentions in their attempt to make all this abuse scandal go away, and, quite frankly, that has been, and continues to be, my sense of the matter, that they just want it all to "go away".

Since you opened the door by asking to meet, then it only makes sense to go and meet, but I would do so very cautiously. By that I mean I would not expect much out of said meeting, other then platitudes and the same old NTM MO. Quite frankly, there really is no need for a meeting, or for them to get a feel for where your heart is at. I just read your list and then their response letter and I can see clearly where your heart is at in the matter without having to pay for a pricey time consuming meeting. You want the unvarnished truth in such a way that makes it simple to understand, complete as possible and protecting the innocent. Did I miss something? Your list of requests, Panama MK group, pretty much speaks for itself and does not need a heart feel to understand what it is you are asking. I would definitely take a lawyer, I would audio, if not video, record the meeting and I would mostly let them do the talking.

My two cents worth.

Iron man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:31 pm 

Very good response, Ironman, and pretty much what I was thinking too.

Any interest in starting some fund raising to help them with making this meeting a reality?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:12 pm 

Just dropping in quickly to add my own strong, unwavering support for the Panama MK group. It is so good to see the way you have been working together, and I am praying for strength, courage and unity as you move forward.

I agree with all the responses that have been posted so far, and I would encourage others to post support and even advice here. I think we all need as much input as we can get, when we are faced with big decisions such as how to respond to this gesture from NTM.

We would love to hear from any Panama MKs here on Fanda Eagles too, but even while saying that, I acknowledge that anything posted here is fully accessible to the general public, so if you prefer to move forward in a less visible way, I believe we all understand.

Tell us what you can, when you can, and in the meantime, please know you are in our prayers and our thoughts, and we are cheering you on!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Raz and all of you supporting us. We really appreciate it and we feel it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 am 

I preface my remarks with a statement of FULL, UNWAVERING support for the Panama MK victims. I am in awe of your courage and tenacity. Facing your abusers and those who have empowered them and protected them has got to be as bad as the abuse itself. I will always support you in your decisions. Always.

I think Ironman has done a good job of setting out some important starting points. And, as others have said, if you go to a meeting, by all means take an attorney.

If at all possible, record (audio or video) the meeting. And do NOT feel pressured to agree to something that you have ANY misgivings about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:21 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 am 

Panama MKs we are totally behind you!
Probably better not to write about your strategies here.
As you may have noticed, readership is up again.
Hmmm. Who might be reading? And why?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:50 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 am 

Hint 101:

The red carpet probably won't be rolled out. However the Rug of Righteousness is easily recognised, it is very lumpy with you know what swept under it. If you suffer from allergies to dust, don't stomp on the rug.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 39  Next