[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:26 am 

Thanks for understanding. I may have to go back to the States for awhile to help my brother. The baby is doing fine but my brother is not. I think time will help heal his emotions as to what happened to his granddaughter. Life will never be the same for him and my heart is so sad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:07 am 

It would be.
It may help you as well as him for you to be there.
I'm sure you will be a blessing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am 

This article is well-researched and skillfully written.

I am thankful that the Donn Ketcham abuse issue has had a relatively appropriate outcome. Pii did a thorough job of investigating his abuse and ABWE's cover up. ABWE showed remarkable courage and transparency in allowing Pii's scathing report to go public in its entirety. From what I hear, Ketcham's victims feel vindicated, and they have received significant financial settlements from the mission.

Several factors came together to produce this outcome. Even though ABWE tried to sidestep the exposure of their decades of cover-up by firing GRACE and hiring Pii, their strategy backfired on them when Pii became relentless in their pursuit of the truth. It gives me great satisfaction that the small investigative company Scott Ross helped form, which chose the name Professional Investigators International, ended up choosing to side with truth. They did not allow themselves to be maneuvered and manipulated by the mission groups that paid them to do "independent investigations" which were supposed to be just another layer of cover-up of abominable child abuse. The true independence shown by Pii led to the dissolving of their company, as their source of funding dried up. But the good they did during their brief existence has changed the lives of many MK abuse survivors, for which I am very grateful.

Another factor in ABWE's case is that there was a top-down leadership and attorney change, and a decision was made to allow the investigation results to be made public. I understand ABWE has now drawn back some from that initial humble transparency, but the investigation report is now out there on the internet, and can still be found.

Above all else is the courage and tenacity of the abuse survivors. The MKs, who are now adults, kept up the pressure on ABWE, in different ways. Their tirelessness paid off in the end. The most satisfying result of this public disclosure of the name of this missionary pedophile is that a Stateside victim of his has now come forward, and Dr Ketcham will now stand trial for his despicable treatment of young children who trusted him. I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm 

Spinmeisters. Yes, they are. Even changing their name to Ethnos360. Just another spin.

There is One who sees past all the spinning, and never sleeps or slumbers (or gets dizzy).

Yes, there will be a Day of Reckoning.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 am 

I just received an email from a friend who said Russ Ebersole is still going around the world preaching, he has no shame. I am ashamed we were ever with this organisation. I remember our very first meeting in 1979 after being here 2 days after we put the kids to bed my husband said we should get out of here. He couldn't put his finger on his uneasiness. Ten years later when this happened we were never told why Dr. Ketcham was sent home so we speculated he had an affair, had we know the truth I imagine we would have left ABWE then instead of years later. I believe we should have been told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They had an obligation to all in that organisation as far as I am concerned. Who wants to be a part of a group that protects pedophiles, I know we don't. Fullstop.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:40 am 

This is true in Ethnos360 also, Pamela.

Even when an investigation shows that there has been child abuse perpetrated or covered up, mission members just seem to shrug it off, like it's not that big of a deal.

World evangelization must not be hampered by inconsequential matters like the suffering of countless children of missionaries, whose lives are forever changed by the things done to them when they were young.

:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:23 pm 

:x :x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 am 

I guess I blame the churches who continue to act like nothing is amiss and still support ABWE and their followers. I think ABWE should shut down, not change their name, and give any proceeds of profit, which I know there is plenty, to all their victims. The family of Kim James should be given plenty for their pain and an apology for the years of suffering at the hands not only of Dr. Donn William Ketcham, Russell Ebersole, Russell Lloyd, Dr. Wendell Kempton and there were more along with any and all from ABWE (whoever they are). Changing the subject here, not the subject I guess just the name. Really, how does New Tribes think changing their name to Ethnos360 will wipe away all their sins of cover up???? Fullstop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next