[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 am 

I am still cranky and in fact getting crankier. Seems Bill Pierson, ABWE treasurer, is on the advisory board of DNA Global Network. This is the organization Michael Loftis, the president of ABWE who got "concluded" because of his mishandling of the victims of Dr. Donn William Ketcham, is now Executive Director of. From my research I think this is his brainchild as they are a branch of DNA Ministries and it seems to be a new ministry. Of course I do not know this as a fact. They seem to have the same goals as NTM, well the goals NTM say they have anyway. Seems Michael Loftis was able to get a "like" job with no accountability to the victims he mishandled. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:48 am 

I can see where you're coming from and I've got a pretty good idea of the level of frustration. By all means pour it out on Fanda Eagles, a) it's theraputic and b) we get to read your words of wisdom ;) .

Have a look at this when you have a moment.
http://www.cultwatch.com/HowPastorsGetRich.html

It's thought provoking. Something I've long wondered is how close to being a "Cult" is NTM? There are aspects of it that worry me, but balancing that is there is not the emphasis on money that most cults have (i.e. the leader gets rich).
But the mind control that many of us experienced is a warning bell. Look how many ex NTMers still think like NTMers, NZ is full of them. And yet again balancing this generalisation is the many good people who are just doing their job in the tribe. And perhaps that is where the difference lies, the differentiation in what is happening at the grass roots level in the tribe does not match what was going on in the boarding schools/headquarters.
I don't know where ABWE and NTM sit on the scale of being of a "cultish" nature, but when someone says they speak for God for you and you see the misuse of power, I wonder.

But then what would I know, I'm just a Sympathetic Agnostic from Downunder, right? ;) On the other hand . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:00 pm 

"...on the other hand..." you are most likely right, Bemused

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:12 pm 

When I first discovered the fandeagles I read several comments on the blog about NTM and cult, cultish, cult like. There certainly are similarities I reckon. Several comments brought out some good points comparing what a cult is and NTM. I may go searching for these comments as the sure made sense. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:59 pm 

I think the girls from the bangladeshmksspeak are a bit discouraged. The post, People Still Care---Do You? is speaking from their hearts. Anybody interested might just want to post a reassurance comment. Thanks. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:30 pm 

Thanks for the tip. I had a good scout round the site and found this link

http://downloads.cbn.com/cbnnewsplayer/cbnplayer.swf?aid=24971

A very interesting clip and somewhat chilling reminder of how widespread this problem was.

I was going to leave a comment as suggested, but my limited computer skills seemed to prevent me from finding where the comments were.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 pm 

Bemused, You can comment by "post a comment" at the bottom of any topic, you do have to be registered to post but it is easy to do. Full stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:11 pm 

Seems odd to me that a secular organization takes child abuse more serious than a Bible College. I see they took down the statue of Paterno. I am so glad but guess what Baptist Bible College of Clark Summit, Pennsylvania does? They name a new building after Dr. Wendell Kempton. He was president of ABWE when Dr. Donn William Ketcham was abusing a 12 year old girl. When she was 14 she had the determination to tell someone in the US. What happened to her? She was taken by 2 men (Russ Lloyd, counselor and Russ Ebersole, big shot with ABWE) back to Bangladesh to end up signing a confession that she was an adulteress. This girl is reaping even today what happened to her but both Russ men are keeping on keeping on. My husband has emailed the college to remind them of this but doubt they care. Their attitude I am sure would be he is dead now so put it in the past. You know, the balance theory, since he did so much good let's forget the bad he did. I refuse to accept that he has gone down as a hero, in my eyes he is a failure. Full stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 pm 

Yes, Pamela, it is clear that Christian mission organizations are less enthused about punitive actions toward pedophiles and those who covered for them that are secular organizations. How does that make sense? It makes none at all.

NTM deflects our criticisms by pointing out that they now have excellent policies, courses, etc. in place for the prevention of child abuse. All well and good. Penn State does too. But Penn State has gone further than that. And so has the NCAA.

NTM and ABWE ... you should be leading the way, not only in preventing a abuse of children but in bringing those who have abused to justice!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next